Home Open Account Help 397 users online

Model Railroading > Track at Winslow AZ

Date: 12/10/10 18:20
Track at Winslow AZ
Author: trisonic

Does anyone have the current BNSF track layout at Winslow, AZ?

I looked on Google Maps but the lighting was bad................

Many thanks

Best, Pete.

Date: 12/10/10 18:59
Re: Track at Winslow AZ
Author: alaska

Try asking the Nostalgia & History board for real train info since your asking modelers and not historians.

Hal

Date: 12/10/10 19:48
Author: BlackWidow

I think there was a TRAINS magazine article in the last year or two that had a detailed diagram of the track at Williams.

Date: 12/10/10 20:12
Author: 1stcajon

Go to Bing maps ( http://www.bing.com/maps ), type in your place name & state, then click on the down arrow by "Roads" to go to "Birds Eye" view. You can't zoom in too close at Winslow but you can see most of the tracks. The turntable is still there but no roundhouse. You can zoom in alot closer w/ Google maps but no birds eye. If Google takes you to a map click on "Satellite" to see aerials. Both Bing & Google take you straight to the yard.

Date: 12/10/10 20:23
Author: jackpot

alaska Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try asking the Nostalgia & History board for real
> train info since your asking modelers and not
> historians.
>

Most of the time, it's the modelers who care about such otherwise esoteric details. Want to know about freight car fleets? Car movement information? How railroads were dispatched with train orders and timetables? Ask the modelers. Their insistence in "getting it right" in scale has resulted in a lot of history being saved that the photographers and trainwatchers really didn't care about.

Date: 12/11/10 02:29
Author: trisonic

Thanks, everyone.
I am looking for the track diagram as it is right now. I'll try the Bing version!

Many thanks, Pete.

Date: 12/11/10 04:08
Author: TheOssman

Not sure how much this helps but this is the (at least as of 3 months ago) current layout at West Winslow. I checked the Bing myself and it doesn't look much better than the Google version. Good luck!

Date: 12/11/10 11:15
Author: burlingtonjohn

TheOssman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure how much this helps but this is the (at
> least as of 3 months ago) current layout at West
> Winslow. I checked the Bing myself and it doesn't
> look much better than the Google version. Good
> luck!

You obviously weren't standing on a corner ....

:-)

Regards,
Burlington John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds