Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Model Railroading > Freight Car Rehab

Date: 04/10/11 17:36
Freight Car Rehab
Author: icancmp193

My Dad passed away 12 years ago and I dismantled his model railroad and shipped the trains, structures and accessories from North Carolina to California. I have been s-l-o-w-l-y going through it, selling some items and keeping others. Some of the locos and cars were once mine, as I made a brief foray into N Scale when I left home and went out into the world in '73. My Dad purchased many pieces over the years, while others were holiday gifts from me. This Details West plug/sliding door 50' boxcar got selected for what I call "freight car rehab". A couple replacement ladders, Kadee wheels, ACI/lube/U-1 decals and a weathering job have turned this into a "keeper" for my own (unbuilt) model railroad. I generally use pix from the railroadpicturearchives or fallen flag web sites to get weathering ideas. Alas, these DW cars had no end lettering, but I thought it turned out fairly nice nevertheless.

Tom Y

Date: 04/10/11 19:15
Re: Freight Car Rehab
Author: BN7149

Looks good, Tom. Never a bad idea to keep some cars around for nostalgia's sake... and if you can make a few simple upgrades to keep it relevant, even better.

-Ryan

Date: 04/10/11 23:12
Author: SantaFeRuss

Ready for service!

SantaFeRuss

Date: 04/11/11 18:31
Author: bnsfsd70

Looks good. Always nice to see attention given to freight car modeling.

- Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0453 seconds