Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Model Railroading > Any model news out of the NMRA convention?

Date: 07/17/14 11:23
Any model news out of the NMRA convention?
Author: nygiant

Hope folks at the convention will post news worthy products ASAP.

Date: 07/17/14 14:18
Re: Any model news out of the NMRA convention?
Author: mcdeo

Is there a pre-show tomorrow for special people?

And yes, links and posts are helpful for us sitting in cyber world not able to attend.

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 07/17/14 15:02
Author: Betsy

mcdeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a pre-show tomorrow for special people?
>
> And yes, links and posts are helpful for us
> sitting in cyber world not able to attend.

The first half of the day is for attendees of the NMRA convention, it's also a great chance for those working the booths to wander around and see things before it gets crowded. Which it does after lunch, when the show opens to the general public.

Elizabeth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/14 18:47 by Betsy.

Date: 07/17/14 16:34
Author: electromac

I'm looking to see intermountains new UP Gevos ...........Athearns new SD70aces and gevos....for UP. AND SD70m .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/14 16:36 by electromac.

Date: 07/17/14 19:10
Author: EspeeGoldenState

I'm waiting for the Kato announcement of UP FEF 844 and the correspondering business train complete with Joe Jordan, Jim Adams, Art Lockman, Howard Fogg, Lynn Nystrom, Reed Jackson and more...

Oh wait, this isnt much of a N scale board. Curious at what the new Athearn Genesis model is and revamped model as well. Could only hope that UP 7400 and 2010 is coming out in HO plastic.

Chris

Date: 07/17/14 19:21
Author: dcmkris

I will be looking forward to the announcements as much as anyone. It should be fun as there seem to be a lot of hints at many new product announcements, including some from the various guys on this board that have
already been previewed.

But for those going I would be curious to hear what the turnout is like. I've been to Detroit & Grand Rapids in the recent past and thought Detroit was good but was a little disappointed in the Grand Rapids convention.
Now I blamed it on the economy at the time so no disrespect to the guys that put it on. To me turn out at Grand Rapids (mfg's & people) just seemed to be down from other conventions.

I would make Cleveland but a house full of German Shepard / Dalmatian mix puppies prevents that unless I don't want to be welcomed back in the door.
Anyone looking for a pup, not a SW1200 version, but full of get up a go like the real ones? HA HA!!

Kris

Date: 07/18/14 09:02
Author: march_hare

Having a hard time imagining what a shepherd/dalmatian mix looks like.

Date: 07/18/14 12:46
Author: dcmkris

march_hare Wrote:
> Having a hard time imagining what a
> shepherd/dalmatian mix looks like.

Unique to be honest. Most have more Dalmatian in them than Sheppard as far as looks is concerned.

A few have the Sheppard face's (wide face pointy ears) but with the Dalmatian body (Muscular & stocky). Two are all black one with Sheppard brown mixed in one quite a bit and one black with just one tiny white spot. Four are white with varying degrees of spots from a few large ones to a lot of smaller ones. One is white with lots of liver spots and one is white with a mix of liver/black spots which kind of look grayish.

Several have the Sheppard bark and almost all have the Dalmation motor. Night time is usually a three hour non stop run thru the house to try and tire them out. It works for a little while, but they are ready to go only a few hours later.

If you've ever had a Sheppard you know how alert they are, well most of these gals and guy are that. If you've ever had a Dalmatian you've been aware of how clever (They will work a problem like, How do I get that treat? 20 different ways till they succeed) and energetic they are! I just want 1/10th of their energy most days.

Kris

Date: 07/18/14 17:10
Author: SALGUY

The crowds today were extrememy disappointing. Most of the day you could have rolled a bowling ball down through the hall and no one would get it the way.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/18/14 17:46
Author: Milw_E70

SALGUY Wrote:
> The crowds today were extrememy disappointing.
> Most of the day you could have rolled a bowling
> ball down through the hall and no one would get it
> the way.
>
> Posted from Android

It IS a Friday after all, I'm sure tomorrow and Sunday will be much busier.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.4119 seconds