Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > Ore train west

Date: 03/11/16 10:14
Ore train west
Author: bobdavis

Train "ORE-1X" with a trio of Baldwin Sharks is westbound on the HO PRR "Blue Mountain Division" in the summer of  1956.  The hoppers are loaded with real "ore", in this case crushed local red rock that I sifted before loading the cars.  24 loaded ore hoppers is a pretty heavy train, definitely needing a helper to get up the 1.6% grade ahead.  The Sharks are vintage Model Power units with a Tsunami sound decoder in the lead A unit.  The trees in town are Scenic Express Super Trees, and I was really happy with the way those came out.  Highly recommended!

Bob  

Date: 03/11/16 16:58
Re: Ore train west
Author: boejoe

For Model Power units I think you did a great job with the painting, lettering, stripes and radio antennas.

Date: 03/11/16 17:24
Author: bobdavis

Thanks, "boejoe".  The real "fun" was applying the letters in "Pennsylvania" individually.  The spacing in the decal set was noticeably wrong.  After doing a dozen or more cab units like that, I was just about ready to switch to modeling the Erie, Monon, or anything with less than 12 letters!

Bob

Date: 03/11/16 21:34
Author: atsf121

Great looking scene, love the Sharks.

Nathan

Date: 03/12/16 04:31
Author: bigkidpgh

looks like Pennsylvania to me. Nice job!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds