Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Model Railroading > Intermountain GP10

Date: 03/15/17 20:17
Intermountain GP10
Author: pismopete

Got my new HO IM GP10s; run and sound great!
The IAIS 401 matches the prototype close as I can tell; but the IC 8047 is beautiful except the can antenna is the size of a 5 gallon paint can!!
What were the thinking, it totally distracts from an otherwise perfect model!! Will be chore to replace it with the Detail Associates correct sized one as it will be hard to get ride of the WART without showing the patch job!
Hopefully they will it on next run?
Peter Arnold

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/17 20:32 by pismopete.

Date: 03/15/17 22:03
Re: Intermountain GP10
Author: lnrr1066

Based on the time span from when the GP10s were announced until partial deliveries started, I'm guessing the second run will be late 2020.

GP8 7850 looks pretty darn good.  Was it 'bashed from a Blue Box? 

LNRR1066
Parker, CO

Date: 03/15/17 22:40
Author: pismopete

Made from Athearn GP7 about 40 years ago before we (Detail Associates) came out with the Horst air filter, had to scratch build my own!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/16/17 00:15
Author: NS7214

well, these views are the best up close I've seen yet, there's allot to work with and I'll be happy! A few minor tweeks, the only thing I can find right off to the naked eye is the cab's side windows. Those could be better.  thanks for posting!  I'm digging the horns though lol 
-djs

Date: 03/16/17 01:57
Author: Lighter

The bucket looks to be about the size of a beacon.  I wonder if Intermountain had some confusing photos/plans?  As for removing:  Might it just be glued to the roof?  Seems that tooling a whole new cab just for a bucket might be expensive.

Date: 03/16/17 06:36
Author: icancmp193

I've had one on backorder and was very surprised to see it had come in!

Tom Y

Date: 03/16/17 13:46
Author: Hookdragkick

"5 gallon can antenna" LOL. You can't put a restriction on clarity! There must of been an audiophile in the diesel shop.

Sharp looking motors btw.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/17/17 13:07
Author: faraway

Got my Conrail too. It is a nice model with two extra stacks. Pay two get four ;-) I replaced the ESU Loksound decoder with a Tsunami 2 due to the poor motor handling. I can not stand the humming sound at low speed typical for ESU decoders since decades.

https://flic.kr/p/SRtVWq

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/17 13:15 by faraway.

Date: 03/18/17 08:59
Author: JUTower

faraway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got my Conrail too. It is a nice model with two
> extra stacks. Pay two get four ;-) I replaced the
> ESU Loksound decoder with a Tsunami 2 due to the
> poor motor handling. I can not stand the humming
> sound at low speed typical for ESU decoders since
> decades.
>
>  https://flic.kr/p/SRtVWq

I looked at your Flickr feed - some great modeling! One thing I note (among many) is your great selection of trucks and automobiles. Any advice as to where you got them?

Date: 03/18/17 17:59
Author: faraway

I have no special source but whenever a plain standard car or smaller truck is available I buy one and put it in the box for later use. The Hertz 2 and 4 door full size cars are a good guideline for plain standard cars of a given time frame. The other group are the smaller import cars. It is amazing how hard they are to find as models.

Date: 03/21/17 05:41
Author: Bunny218

Agree on the "whatever they have on the roof" issue. Cannot believe that IM would make such a silly mistake on the IC version, but pretty obvious they have blown it on the radio antenna.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0563 seconds