Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Model Railroading > New Bowser Balwin VO-1000

Date: 03/18/17 11:41
New Bowser Balwin VO-1000
Author: Barstool

Any Body who is into Santa Fe might be interested in the Bowser VO-1000 switcher, I just bought one for $149.00 and the unit runs smooth will pull about 15 cars on flat rail and a bout six on a mild grade., the detail is pretty good, but the unit is well packed....it is a plastic casing and to keep it from bouncing around, it has two screws attached to the fuel tank, so transporting the engine will cause no damage......

Date: 03/18/17 18:39
Re: New Bowser Balwin VO-1000
Author: Chad

I have SP and Pacific Lumber VO-1000's and yes these are truly great models. Run really well and smooth and sound so sweet. The ATSF units look superb as well. Enjoy.

Date: 03/18/17 19:58
Author: Barstool

Chad...I also bought a SP VO-1000 a while back and she too looks and runs good...Bowser has done real well, a while back, they came out with the six axle Baldwin in P.E. lettering which caught my attention in the black and orange... as well as the VO-1000......

Date: 03/19/17 08:14
Author: jridge

Anyone taken the shell off to see how much room's available for a sound decoder and speakers?

Jeff

Date: 03/19/17 09:14
Author: WrongWayMurphy

jridge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone taken the shell off to see how much room's
> available for a sound decoder and speakers?
>
> Jeff

the factory installed LOK sound in those baldwins sound really good.

Date: 03/19/17 09:44
Author: acltrainman

I picked up the SLSF with LOK sound from M B Klein a few weeks back for  $134.00, 40% off sale of the $299.95 list price. It runs great, sounds great also. I couldn't pass up a deal like that, no way. The Packaging was a problem though. It screwed on to the bottom part of the packaging and it woul probably take a fall form a conter and survive. I did have a problem though. The 1st screw came right out. The 2nd screw not so. I had to grind the head off the screw to remove the unit form the bottom frame. I then had to use pliers to unscrew the remainde of the screw.Took quite awhile to do. I wrote Bowser and explained the problem. They wrote back they used lock tite to secure the screws and it wqsn't supposed to freeze like that.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 03/20/17 13:08
Author: WP282

I've discovered a way to improve traction on the non-sound units, as they are all a little light. All the Bowser Baldwin's have a speaker enclosure over the front truck. Remove the enclosure from the non-sound unit and there's enough room to fit about 2 ounces of weight in there, which dramatically improves pulling power.

Mike

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/21/17 12:25
Author: TomPlatten

I miss the O Scale Weaver units. They ran well! I have two--one painted for Santa Fe and one painted for Pacific Electric--with trolley poles! They are my treasures!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds