Home Open Account Help 213 users online

Model Railroading > MR - Plastic for Canada?

Date: 04/09/01 22:21
MR - Plastic for Canada?
Author: ferro_equine

As a follow-up on the thread "MR Complaint" on 06/04/01, I just received my May Model Railroader in the mailbox today WITH a plastic bag wrapped around it as per usual.

This seems odd since so many of you were receiving the magazine damaged and with no plastic bag.

Could it be that since I live in Canada (and my magazine orginated from Windsor, ON) that the Canadian 'policy' is different?

Maybe Kalmbach figures that they have to protect the magazine from all the snow we get up here (ha ha).

-Ironhorse

Date: 04/10/01 04:36
RE: MR - Plastic for Canada?
Author: matt

Or the dribble as you carry it back from mail box to house. hehehe

Date: 04/10/01 05:42
Author: BNATSFMarkus

I´m from Europe and get my Trains Magazine in a plastic bag too !!!
A friend have MR and get it in plastic also.

BNATSFMarkus

Date: 04/10/01 06:14
Author: Flagman

Maybe the enviromental advisory board has ban this practice, or a CEO is cutting corners, again.......

Date: 04/10/01 06:57
Author: Doc

Could it be that the mags are sent in bulk to a distributor in Canada, and seeing that the Canuck Buck is so feeble can afford the extra cost? Or maybe they are familiar with Canada Post and don't want the dogs pulling the sled to dirty them? :0)

Date: 04/10/01 08:12
DOC:
Author: skunk

You mean there could be a worse postal service than ours?

Date: 04/10/01 13:16
RE: DOC:
Author: shortliner

Yep - Uk's beats yours out of sight! I guess the plastic wrapper is to keep all that %*#@ing snow off :~D

Date: 04/11/01 11:40
RE: Skunk
Author: Doc

It's not so bad now that the new budget is in, the rear dogs will be equipped with deflectors to keep our mail smelling "spring time fresh"!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds