Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Model Railroading > Recent Northern Pacific models

Date: 04/15/17 10:02
Recent Northern Pacific models
Author: BaylorMax

Good morning, all,

Here are photos of two recent projects and a video.  The observation car is an old brass Oriental Limited model.  I stripped off the original clear lacquer and then repainted with the new Scalecoat Paint.  The decals are Microscale.  I also replaced the trucks with Coach Yard, I think.  Then I added a final clear coat of 50-50 Floquil gloss and flat finish from my stash.

NP 708 is an older Alco Atlas S-2 that I bought undecorated from Ebay.  I used Tru Color Paints along with Microscale decals and an old Cal-scale bell to finish the job.  I also installed a MRC 0001917 drop-in decoder for the Atlas S2/S4 switchers. It works well and fits!  The switcher is heavy and handles long cuts of cars in my yard. These are good models and can usually be found for $50.00 to $100.00 or so on Ebay.   Mine was made in Austria and was one of the earlier runs.  I have four of these Atlas Alco switchers in service on my layout.  They all pull, run well, and operate smoothly.

The video shows the observation in service at the end of my North Coast Limited circa about 1966 or so, 

Thank you all for looking!

Steve Barkley, MMR

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/15/17 10:29
Re: Recent Northern Pacific models
Author: Dilworth

great jobs

Date: 04/15/17 15:04
Re: Recent Northern Pacific models
Author: Dilworth

a beautiful train

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds