Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Model Railroading > A Wheel Turns....

Date: 04/20/17 12:39
A Wheel Turns....
Author: icancmp193

I am in the early stages of constructing a shelf layout loosely based on Soo/MN&S. This portion of the railroad actually runs through a large bookcase and the vertical sections of the bookcase create the opportunity for "scenes". Now I have been a model railroader for about 58 years but I am really rusty on trackwork and especially wiring, so this is a work in progress, but yesterday an important milestone was reached as the main line got some power (DC) and locomotives and cars went up and down the track, and switched the flour mill, and nothing derailed! Gotta long way to go, though.

TJY

Date: 04/20/17 12:43
Re: A Wheel Turns....
Author: bnsfsd70

Congrats!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 04/20/17 12:53
Author: boejoe

This is what the hobby is all about -

Date: 04/20/17 13:39
Author: hartrick24

Congrats. TJY, it looks very nice...

Steve H.

Date: 04/20/17 13:59
Author: SPDRGWfan

Looks like fun!

Speaking of Soo, I just order a Moloco Soo box car. Moloco makes some nice stuff!

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 04/20/17 14:10
Author: dispatchone

Love the SOO red/white scheme... Nice start and concept keep it going

Date: 04/20/17 14:57
Author: LarryDoyle

That mill has "Minneapolis" written all over it.

Nice.

-John Stein, Born and raised Minneapolitan, of 74 years.

Date: 04/20/17 15:21
Author: TCnR

Congratulations, big event after all that planning.

For some Soo Line inspiration check out Bob Rivards Soo Line Layout on YouTube... and crank up the sound.

Date: 04/20/17 18:47
Author: atsf121

It's a good day when nothing derails. Which is why I need to get back to fixing the track on my layout!
Your looks like it's coming along nicely.

Nathan

Date: 04/21/17 07:34
Author: binder001

Very nice! I hope we see more as work progresses. I am retiring this summer and one of my projects is to remodel one of the small rooms in our basement. As part of this I want to add a small book shelf layout. So your project has extra interest for me.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds