Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Model Railroading > Indonesian custom models

Date: 04/20/17 20:35
Indonesian custom models
Author: inCHI

Sometimes I look at the photos of HO scale models that get posted to instagram. I'm guessing many here don't use that platform, but it does have a quite a bit of railfanning and modeling on it. La Mesa model RR club is a very active and popular account, for example.

An interesting thing about it is that if you search for something like "hoscale" or "modelrailroad" you'll find results that aren't constrained by country. Through that, I've come across some exceptional Russian, Brazilian, and Indonesian modeling. In my rough knowledge, I can think of companies making Russian or Brazilian models (though not many) but don't know of an Indonesian manufacturer. So it has been interesting to see how active indonesian modelers are, and, incidentally, how group photos of their meets show a lot of young modelers. Also, though I can't find Indonesia mentioned on trainorders aside from export locomotive orders, you will find that there is a pretty large railfan photography and video community there.

For Indonesian models, I found one modelers website with a lot of impressive projects that replicate many of the major diesels in Indonesia. (look for Dinton's Indonesian model trains")

Otherwise, here are some photos from an instragram account, where I'm including the account to try and give credit.

1. This looks like a CC206/GE CM20EMP, coupled to a model of a GE U20C or U18C, which I think would be a CC 201 or CC 203 there. There are pictures on TO from a few years ago of CM20EMP's headed for export from Erie.

2. This is a EMD G26MC-2U / CC 202

3. Decoder and sound in the CC206/GE CM20EMP

Date: 04/20/17 20:39
Re: Indonesian custom models
Author: inCHI

4. Another image of the U20C or U18C. This might be made from a Frateschi (Brazilian made) U20C; I just ordered one of those for a project.

5. Neat to even see custom or prototype rolling stock.

Date: 04/20/17 20:49
Author: atsf121

Cool looking stuff

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/21/17 01:44
Author: SantaFeRuss

Interesting to see model trains from other parts of the World.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 04/21/17 09:36
Author: retcsxcfm

I guess lack of spendable funds limits models
in other parts of the world.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

Date: 04/21/17 10:41
Author: SPDRGWfan

retcsxcfm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess lack of spendable funds limits models
> in other parts of the world.
>
> Uncle Joe
> Seffner,Fl.

I'm guessing, on the average, we are pretty affluent vs. many other countries.

Date: 04/21/17 11:58
Author: Chestnut

This is common comment from people who don't scratch build or do their own work unfortunately. Rather rude to say it's nice to see model railroad outside the US.
Matt

> retcsxcfm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I guess lack of spendable funds limits models
> > in other parts of the world.
> >
> > Uncle Joe
> > Seffner,Fl.
>
> I'm guessing, on the average, we are pretty
> affluent vs. many other countries.

Date: 04/21/17 12:06
Author: djansson

Great post!

Date: 04/21/17 12:47
Author: bnsfsd70

Neat stuff! I can assure you, I've never seen/looked up/even thought about modeling Indonesian railroads.

As one who's got a slightly more than passing interested in English railroads, it's incredible to see the quality of modeling that's seen overseas.

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 04/22/17 10:03
Author: tq-07fan

Nice stuff.

retcsxcfm Wrote:
> I guess lack of spendable funds limits models
> in other parts of the world.
>
> Uncle Joe
> Seffner,Fl.

It could also be a smaller amount of railways in the country or smaller size of the country involved. My dad and I visited several hobby shops in New Zealand. Off the shelf there are some models of New Zealand diesels offered in HO but absolutely no New Zealand locomotives or rolling stock in N scale. They do print a New Zealand Modeler magazine where there are plenty of scratchbuilding geniuses there.

Jim

Date: 04/22/17 19:48
Author: SantaFeRuss

Chestnut Wrote:
> This is common comment from people who don't
> scratch build or do their own work unfortunately.
> Rather rude to say it's nice to see model railroad
> outside the US.

Chestnut, why would you imply that it is rude to say it's nice to see model railroads outside the US? It is nice to see model railroads outside of the United States. Explain.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0655 seconds