Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Model Railroading > FSM closing down?

Date: 05/08/17 07:12
FSM closing down?
Author: grahamline

Is this really the last for Sellios and Fine Scale Models? http://store.mrhmag.com/store/p149/FSM-KIT-I.M.DUNN
How far will the speculators drive this price up?

Date: 05/08/17 08:48
Re: FSM closing down?
Author: CPR_4000

Gosh, George must be at least in his 70's now. Can't begrudge him his retirement.

Date: 05/08/17 09:13
Author: bnsfsd70

Absolutely agree. It's too bad that I've never been able to see his layout in person. Absolutely incredible work he puts in.

- Jeff Carlson

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gosh, George must be at least in his 70's now.
> Can't begrudge him his retirement.

Date: 05/08/17 11:27
Author: HB90MACH

He has been cutting back on production for a few years now. Not surprised he decided to call it quits

Date: 05/08/17 13:20
Author: Frank30

During the 1986 NMRA National Convention in Boston, George Sellios' F&SM RR layout was the most requested on the
layout tours. This was the first section to be completed and the trains themselves were not operative as yet. That
did not deter anybody from wanting the see this magnificent undertaking. The layout and Fine Scale Miniatures
were both located at one location. As the layout expanded, it appears that FSM decreased in size by a equal
amount. Needles to say, the F&SM is mind-boggling. We've also seen more of Mr and Mrs. Sellios at recent train
shows in the Boston area. The Craftsman Kit genre certainly has come a long way since George's 2 stall engine
house kit! Happy Retirement George!
Frank30

Date: 05/08/17 19:46
Author: atsf121

I've never built one of his kits, but they do look amazing. Retirement is well deserved.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/12/17 14:54
Author: Matt_Gidley

I.M.Dunn isn;t too subtle, but George talked about retiring before this one too, so..... maybe. Honestly, the crazy market for FSM kits has really fallen since I started buying them second-hand around 2002. I should have waited! So I doubt the resellers will be buying them all up. The F&SM is incredible and it's cool that George keeps improving and expanding it. I haven;t been for a few years and the changes he's made a huge! There is a 4K video of the layout coming out soon I believe and I will be all over that.

If you haven't built a kit, just go for one of the low numbered ones which you can get pretty cheap on ebay. They are much more simple that the big kits.

One more thing, the craftsman kit market has grown and expanded so much since George started that there will still be good kits to buy. Different, but good.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds