Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Model Railroading > ScaleTrains HO scale ET44C4 and Greenbrier 5188 hops in action!

Date: 05/21/17 01:22
ScaleTrains HO scale ET44C4 and Greenbrier 5188 hops in action!
Author: MrMRL

Folks, I just wanted to post an early morning thank you on behalf of the club's membership to the ScaleTrains crew for their inclusion in the HO Scale California Southern Model Railroad's spring 2017 open house yesterday (May 20, 2017). I wanted to personally say that it was a absolute treat and honor to have the unique opportunity to operate and showcase some of ScaleTrains upcoming releases in HO scale, including their near immaculate Rivet Counter Series ET44C4 diesel locomotive along with several of their recently announced Greenbrier 5188 Cu. Ft. grain hoppers mixed into my very own BNSF grain train. Even more special in my personal opinion was the chance to run the "Blue Meanie" leaser schemes ahead of a (as far as I know) one of a kind SD70ACe-B unit I hacked together a couple years back. Really an interesting and eye catching combination to see together if I may speak freely.

Pics below taken around the around club's HO scale layout. Some pics from the under construction upper deck, others from the more complete lower level.

Date: 05/21/17 01:24
Re: ScaleTrains HO scale ET44C4 and Greenbrier 5188 hops in actio

Couple pics of the Humpback...

Date: 05/21/17 01:32

A few final cleaned up pics showing the ScaleTrains 5188s mixed in with an additional two-dozen Athearn Genesis 5161s and InterMountain 4750 Cu. Ft. Grain Hoppers. Let me just say, to all those contemporary HO scale modelers out there, you're seriously gonna need to get several (if not dozens) of these hoppers to augment your modern day grain trains. These 5188 hops are Genesis quality if not better, and are the perfect additions for boosting the look of your unit trains from 2005-2010 right on up to 2017+ appearance. Friggin sweet!!

Again, thank you ScaleTrains, I can't wait for my orders of ET44s and 5188s to arrive later this year!

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 05/21/17 01:44

Lasty, just wanted to say that the club's open house will continue today (Sunday) from 12 noon to 6pm along with this coming Tuesday evening from 7 to 9 PM. Come on down, it's free as always!

Info here...
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,4297463

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 05/21/17 04:54
Author: IronRails

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us! How well did the ET44 perform? I'm also very eager to get my hands on the locomotives and hoppers.

Date: 05/21/17 05:48
Author: Chris484trains

Flipping Hell Robbie

You should be on commission, now I'm going to have to get some on order somewhere!

Out of interest, have ScaleTrains found the demo model that went missing a week or two ago?

Cheers

Chris C

Date: 05/21/17 05:59
Author: electromac

NICEEEEEEE.........

Date: 05/21/17 09:06
Author: ck3573

Those ScaleTrains pieces are spectacular! I too cannot wait for these to arrive.

Thank you to the California Southern members and ScaleTrains' Mike and Paul for taking time to chat and answer questions. It was a great time.

Chris

Date: 05/21/17 13:00

IronRails Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...
> How well did the ET44 perform?

Strong, smooth runner. If anything it ran just a touch slower than the two Genesis units behind it. Tweaking the speed curves in DCC would easily correct that.

Mr. MRL

Date: 05/21/17 14:04
Author: hartrick24

I had a chance to run that loco at a March show in Atlanta for our North Georgia Modurail Club. The loco ran for two solid days. I have 2 UP and 2 NS and can't wait to get them.
Thank you Scale Trains...

Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/17 14:07 by hartrick24.

Date: 05/21/17 15:27
Author: DKay

Thanks for the coverage Robbie.The hoppers look good.Have a small order in for some Belle hoppers to bulk out my KCS grainer.
What do you use to transport all your nice ''toys'' to the club.
Regards,Daryl kay.

Date: 05/21/17 15:34

DKay Wrote:
> ...
> What do you use to transport all your nice ''toys'' to the club.
>

Daryl I'm a big fan of quick and easy setup. A majority of my HO scale model train cars live and are transported in Axian Tech foam lined boxes. Great for unit trains!

http://www.axiantech.com/ModelRR.html

Most of my locomotives are either kept in their factory boxes or moved into Grand Central Gems foam lined storage boxes.

Mr. MRL

Date: 05/21/17 15:37
Author: DKay

MrMRL Wrote:
> DKay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...
> > What do you use to transport all your nice
> ''toys'' to the club.
> >
>
> Daryl I'm a big fan of quick and easy setup. A
> majority of my HO scale model train cars live and
> are transported in Axian Tech foam lined boxes.
> Great for unit trains!
>

Thanks Robbie.
Regards,dK
> http://www.axiantech.com/ModelRR.html
>
> Most of my locomotives are either kept in their
> factory boxes or moved into Grand Central Gems
> foam lined storage boxes.
>
> Mr. MRL

Date: 05/22/17 20:35
Author: lahogger

Looking great as always Rob, Keep the pictures coming!

Date: 05/23/17 23:50
Author: video7105

I have all six of the Norfolk Southern DCC with sound Rivet Counter ET44C4's locomotives on order, estimated time of delivery is September. Am sure it will be a good $1200.00 investment. Can hardly wait for there arrival

Dave
Mount Joy, PA

Date: 05/24/17 04:00
Author: SPDRGWfan

I bought a couple of the Spring Mill Storage boxes at the Timonium show for $10 per box; they appear to be a lot bigger than the axion and less than half the price. They are the same company that offers the nice PD hoppers and Canstock Boxcars, etc. Just sayin...

http://www.springmillsdepot.com/boxes.htm

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/17 04:02 by SPDRGWfan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0581 seconds