Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Model Railroading > Under Track Uncoupler by Rapido

Date: 07/27/17 05:08
Under Track Uncoupler by Rapido
Author: Larry020

This installation is a little beyond normal reach, so swizzle sticks were not an option.

These are completely under the track electromagnets.  They include the switches to control them.  When activated, a blue led lets you know where to cut the cars.  

The third photo shows an installation next to the public walkway (behind the covered hoppers).  There is now discussion about removing the Kadee magnets here, and replacing them with the Rapido ones.  It will certainly look better.  We will get rid of the Kadee shuffle.  

I think as many as a dozen are already installed.  They're planning to order one or two dozen more.

Larry

Date: 07/27/17 05:16
Re: Under Track Uncoupler by Rapido
Author: Larry020

A link to what I'm speaking about.

http://rapidotrains.com/on-off-remote-coupler/

Larry

Date: 07/27/17 08:27
Re: Under Track Uncoupler by Rapido
Author: BAB

Got one am still trying to get around to it, install one on a test track on my ON3/30 gauge layout. I have San Juan Sharon couplers and unlike the ad they are not automatic will not work with any style Kadee magnet. Using sticks doesn't work too well for some reason as others have found but am faced with sticking to them. I do hope it works but will involve track rework to install them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds