Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Model Railroading > N C636 Available for Pre-orders

Date: 09/23/17 15:45
N C636 Available for Pre-orders
Author: dcutting

I've completed the test N scale C636 build, painted it, and I'm really happy. I finally got the print settings dialed in with a service that I was using to test out the printer that will produce these. All of the etched details work well. The laser cut windows fit and the trucks clip on perfectly.

I need 60 pre-orders to begin production. If I don't meet that quota, the project will be cancelled and everyone's money will be refunded. Simple as that. The cutoff date for new pre-orders counting toward that count will be December 1st, but as soon as 60 pre-orders are hit production will begin. I'll keep updates in this thread on the progress.

Enough blabbering... please go order one: http://www.cescalemodels.com/n-scale-products/c636-kit-n

David

Date: 09/23/17 21:40
Re: N C636 Available for Pre-orders
Author: up833

The sample looks very detailed..good work. If I read your web info correctly I have to have a 15 year old poor runner loco to install this on and have a pair of 8-40 trucks to use for your correct side frames. Not said but can I presume the trucks are going to fit the C-630 frame?
Roger

Date: 09/27/17 19:23
Re: N C636 Available for Pre-orders
Author: dcutting

up833 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The sample looks very detailed..good work. If I
> read your web info correctly I have to have a 15
> year old poor runner loco to install this on and
> have a pair of 8-40 trucks to use for your correct
> side frames. Not said but can I presume the trucks
> are going to fit the C-630 frame?
> Roger

I'm working on some 3D printed truck frames so you don't have to buy new trucks that are vaporware at the moment. The mechanism is old, but it lives up to modern standards.

David

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.026 seconds