Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Model Railroading > Live steam in K. C.

Date: 09/24/17 12:48
Live steam in K. C.
Author: tomstp

Pat McCarthy (on the right) owns a beautiful, testy live steam track. Pat talks a lot but, says little! Those who know Pat will note he has lost a lot of weight. He decided to join in the TV weight reduction programs especially since that gal Marie looks so good. He says he lost a lot of weight by eating their meals and being just to lazy to go to a grocery store. Nope he is not investing in smaller jeans he says.

Two of the big fellas got their 1.6 scale 2-8-2 engines double headed on a freight of about 24 cars. 24 cars is not really serious work for the two even though they had to go up a 3% curving grade. One of them alone could easily handle that. One engine is a model of a Frisco heavy mike and the other is a Nickle Plate mike.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/17 13:00 by tomstp.

Date: 09/24/17 12:51
Re: Live steam in K. C.

In this shot both are coasting down hill on about 2%. That is Bill Webster in the red shirt. Picture 3 is a shot of the loading area and one of Pat's two storage barns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/17 13:02 by tomstp.

Date: 09/24/17 12:53

Ist shot of a extended caboose, I will let you make your on comment on the road name. Picture 2, I wonder if the marker lamps on that small caboose are large enough to be seen ?

Date: 09/24/17 12:55

I don't know if the Katy had one of these or not. It did pull 5 cars up the grades.

Date: 09/24/17 13:07

Here are Denis and Zak on their Frisco and Nickel Plate engines

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/17 16:42 by tomstp.

Date: 09/24/17 14:04
Author: WrongWayMurphy

It was a tough call to go there or to Brent's place - the drive time (3 hours vs 9 hours)
won out for me. Next year Brent says his meet will be in Dec so as not to conflict with Pat's meet.

Date: 09/24/17 17:13
Author: Frisco1522

Think that's Zach on the NKP Mike. Dennis's Frisco mike is an awesome engine. Looks like a fun place.

Date: 09/25/17 16:38

Yep Don, it is fun. Couple of years ago those two got hold of a 60 car freight. They just kept chugging along.

Date: 09/27/17 12:56
Author: Kimball

Wasn't there a guy by the name of Wilbur Kloppenberg or something like that who got the nickname "Corncob" because he fired his steamer on them? He got them dried, and free somehow. Maybe he built that caboose?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1861 seconds