Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Model Railroading > Spokane, WA Train Show

Date: 10/14/17 11:44
Spokane, WA Train Show
Author: irhoghead

Tomorrow, October 15, at the Spokane County Fair Grounds. 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.

Date: 10/14/17 13:01
Re: Spokane, WA Train Show
Author: fbe

Is Spokane Free-Mo setting up for the day?

Thanks.

Date: 10/14/17 16:20
Author: irhoghead

Sorry, don't know. I am just posting in response to an ad I saw in the newspaper about the show, as I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere on here yet.

Date: 10/14/17 22:14
Author: funnelfan

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Spokane Free-Mo setting up for the day?
>
> Thanks.

I'm virtually certain that they will be. I know the N scale modular group is going, but not sure if Dave and Chet brought one of their two layouts. I think all three clubs will have a open house tomorrow afternoon as well. The RCM and Inshome layouts will be open house from about noon until 4pm. I was down at Inshome Saturday night for the evening open house for show vendors, and talked to several people from out of town. Crappy cell phone pic of part of my two Sawmill Modules at Inshome.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/17 22:16 by funnelfan.

Date: 10/15/17 05:11

Thanks, Ted. Inshome is the one layout I have not seen so I will make an effort to visit this time on the way out of town.

Date: 10/16/17 08:12

I drove 200 miles to the show and it seemed worth it to me. I didn't find the two specific items i was looking for but was able to purchase some items not commonly available at reasonable prices.

Aisles were wide enough things did not seem crowded. Lots of new books and used books for sale. I did get to spend time at the Free Mo set up and cruise some other layouts.

Date: 10/16/17 08:59
Author: TCnR

Was able to make the Spring show earlier this year and thought it to be a very well done show, lots of people, lots of vendors, lots of displays. A friend in the area says the spring and fall shows are very similar in those aspects. He often has a table selling off parts of his decades of accumulated purchases.

The Medford show has the same enthusiasm and crowds but Spokane was much more leading edge / current retail products. There are usually a number of shows coming up just before Thanksgiving.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds