Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Model Railroading > No sound from LokSound V4.0 decoder

Date: 11/20/17 09:43
No sound from LokSound V4.0 decoder
Author: railfan400

I'm trying to download sound files to a LokSound V4.0 decoder using an ESU LokProgrammer. So far, I've not heard a peep out of it. Should "54400 LokSound V4.0 'Generic sound' Ready for programming" have come completely blank or should it have had some basic sounds on it? I had just successfully programmed a generic LokSound Select decoder which had a basic engine sound and horn/whistle on it. Trying to determine if I'm doing something wrong or if I've got a bad decoder. The motor and lighting functions do work.

Date: 11/20/17 13:16
Re: No sound from LokSound V4.0 decoder
Author: pilotblue

Check F8, easy place to start.

Date: 11/20/17 13:35
Author: dh1205

Did you test the decoder before you tried programming it? If so, did it make any sound then?

Date: 11/20/17 13:53

I tried the LokSound V4.0 before programming it and got no sounds, but was not sure if they were shipped blank/without any sounds. A LokSound Select decoder I programmed earlier the same day did have some basic sounds on it.

dh1205 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you test the decoder before you tried
> programming it? If so, did it make any sound
> then?

Date: 11/20/17 14:24
Author: tracktime

If it helps. my "blank" Loksound Select Direct 73700 had a default sound file that sounded like an Alco prior to my download of the sound file of my choice to the decoder. No issues. I would advocate calling Loksound's technical support line.

Best Regards,
Harry

Date: 11/20/17 14:36
Author: RioGrandeFan

I do sometimes get both V4.0 and Select decoders that don't have the test sounds. After writing a sound file to them they work just fine.

I would try writing the sound file (making sure that the "overwrite defaults" is checked) and go from there. If you still don't get any sounds really make sure everything is connected properly and then if you still don't get anything, you can assume the decoder is dead and needs to be replaced.

Lee Ryan - Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 11/21/17 11:36

After speaking with ESU, the decoder is on its way to them for repair or replacement.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds