Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Model Railroading > Quiet day in Newburg.

Date: 11/20/17 17:09
Quiet day in Newburg.
Author: Frisco1522

Hot summer day in Newburg, MO in 1943. Yards are nearly empty, no loafers on the platform and dead still. Soon the silence will be broken by one of the many trains in and out of this little country town.
Both depot buildings scratchbuilt w/Evergreen styrene, a little Photoshop magic on the background.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/17 17:10 by Frisco1522.

Date: 11/20/17 17:28
Re: Quiet day in Newburg.
Author: boejoe

Hard to believe the structures are models. Beautifully done.

Date: 11/20/17 17:34
Author: Bob3985

Beautifully done Don.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/20/17 17:43
Author: ironmtn

Terrific models, Don. Very well done, indeed. Sure wish those buildings would still have been there when we visited with the 1522. It would have been wonderful to see the engine alongside. They would have really been a feature of every trip.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 11/20/17 20:03
Author: Betsy

I think the scene itself is magic, photoshop background or not!

Elizabeth

Date: 11/21/17 08:15
Author: CM1

Would you people stop (actually don't). Every time I see these models from "artists", I get jealous. Very very good modelling.

Date: 11/21/17 08:35

I'm not an artist, just a fat old guy trying to recreate.

Date: 11/21/17 15:30
Author: WarrenWeiss

Whenever I see "Frisco1522" on a post, I know I'm going to be in for a treat. No exception here! Just as beautiful as your steam locos.

Warren

Date: 11/21/17 20:39
Author: ironmtn

Don, what are the truss [bridges] behind the depot buildings? The buildings are properly oriented to the yard in front, and the adjacent buildings along 1st St. on the other side. Of course then in reality there's another block or two of town buildings, and then the hillside, and to the left, the valley and Hwy. T up the hill to Doolittle. No truss bridges (unless they had long disappeared before I ever visited Newburg).

I know this is a model railroad, and I'd guess that they are a part of another trackage loop. Just wondering what if there is anything particularly "Frisco" that you were trying to depict? No criticism -- I like the effect, a lot. Just curious about your design.

Oh, and did you get the Houston House into the block on 1st St. near the depot? Am guessing that you did.

Once again, splendid models. I like the yard trackwork, too. Honor is due.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 11/22/17 08:56

The truss bridge is on another loop in the background. I didn't do a good job of Photoshopping, but only someone who is familiar with Newburg would notice that. My layout is centered around Newburg from 1943. With the exception of the eastern yard lead and the main leaving town is basically a plywood central with about a 300' main. If I live long enough and stop building engines, I will start seriously fine tuning the layout and do scenery. Houston House and the saloon across the street are being built. The CTC building is at the E end. 11 stall roundhouse, coal chute, cinder pit are in.

Date: 11/24/17 22:11
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing Don. I'm glad to see that in addition to building locomotives, you are an accomplished scratchbuilder of structures.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds