Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Model Railroading > How to mount an Intermountain SD40-2(W) for display

Date: 04/16/18 18:23
How to mount an Intermountain SD40-2(W) for display
Author: Locotrol2

Hello Everyone,

I have been given an HO scale Intermountain SD40-2(W) and a display "cube" for my office.

I am wanting to mount this and have it on display, but looking for the correct method of doing this, so I do not end up wrecking the model.

I have to apply the piece of track to the box as well. Tack or glue the track down?

Thanks in advance.

Locotrol2

Date: 04/16/18 19:23
Re: How to mount an Intermountain SD40-2(W) for display
Author: PHall

Screws through the bottom of the case into the fuel tank.

Date: 04/16/18 20:39
Re: How to mount an Intermountain SD40-2(W) for display
Author: railstiesballast

I set up several Athearn F59s for retiring Board Members at Metrolink. I drilled and tapped a 3/16" hole in the frame near one end of the motor and made a matching hole, countersunk on the bottom, and ran a 3/16" flat head machine screw up between the ties and into the frame.
I suppose none of them ever turned a wheel after that but they were not actually impaired.
In addition to the mounting I gave them some yellow paint on the handrails and steps.
I don't suppose the auditors ever worried about where we bought them, they were brought to me by the executive office (maybe then knew better than to trust me with an account as The Whistle Stop).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds