Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Model Railroading > Cal. Southern Spring Open House This Weekend

Date: 05/16/18 22:18
Cal. Southern Spring Open House This Weekend
Author: MrMRL

Folks, the California Southern Model Railroad Club will be holding it's bi-annual Open House this coming weekend, welcoming everyone in Southern California (and abroad) willing and free to head on over to Norwalk. Admission is free as always, plus there will be raffle prizes donated by numerous model manufacturers and local So Cal hobby shops. Snacks and cold drinks, Model RR stuff for sale, and a wide variety of HO scale model trains will be set up and running all day Saturday, Sunday, and the following Tuesday evening. Raffle prizes will be drawn immediately after the Tuesday night session. Hours and directions are below. If you're not too busy, please come on by and check it out! Bring the kids, it should be a pleasant spring So Cal weekend with sunny skies and temps around 70.

Where is it?
California Southern Model Railroad Club
12140 E Firestone Blvd.
Norwalk, CA 90650
CLICK ME!, Google Maps Link!

When will it be?
This coming weekend...
Saturday, May 19 - 10AM to 7PM
Sunday, May 20 - Noon to 6PM
Tuesday, May 22 - 7PM to 9PM

How do we get there?
From Orange County:
Take Interstate 5 north and exit at San Antonio Ave [exit 122]. Turn left (under the 5 Fwy), then left onto Firestone Blvd. The club will be on the right in the corner mall just after you turn left.

From Los Angeles:
Take Interstate 5 south and exit at Imperial Highway [exit 122]. Keep straight after exiting the freeway, following the frontage road down towards Norwalk Blvd. Turn right at the next light (San Antonio Ave.), then left at Firestone Blvd. Again, the club is to your right after your turn.

For more info on the club and layout, including lots of progress photos and video clips over the past several years of operation, check out our website at www.CaliforniaSouthern.org We're also on facebook - See you there!

Date: 05/17/18 23:25
Re: Cal. Southern Spring Open House This Weekend
Author: SP_8299

Look for the wig-wag out front...

Date: 05/20/18 20:28
Author: hotrail

We visited the open house and really enjoyed it. The members are very friendly and one let my 8 year old son run his train for a long time. My son really enjoyed following the train around and carefully controlling the speed. And having to go into sidings for opposing traffic. Great fun visiting. I can see it would be a fun club to join for those who live closer.

Date: 05/21/18 15:29
Author: MrMRL

hotrail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We visited the open house and really enjoyed it.
> The members are very friendly and one let my 8
> year old son run his train for a long time. My
> son really enjoyed following the train around and
> carefully controlling the speed. And having to go
> into sidings for opposing traffic. Great fun
> visiting. I can see it would be a fun club to
> join for those who live closer.

Glad to read that you and your son had a memorable experience and visit to the California Southern. Thank you for stopping by!

Mr. MRL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0551 seconds