Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Model Railroading > A Couple Sylvan Vehicle Projects

Date: 06/09/18 09:23
A Couple Sylvan Vehicle Projects
Author: icancmp193

My model railroad interests go in two directions: Midwest (MN&S, Soo) and eastern Pennsylvania Cement Region. So, I accumulate locos, rolling stock and vehicles to go either way. Just finished up a couple Sylvan Scale Models resin kits for the eastern PA theme.

The first is a Mack C-600 tractor. The prototype was produced in the early to mid 60's. I did it up for a freelance "A-B-E Trucking" since many things in the Lehigh Valley are A-B-E (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton) including the airport. Hooked it up to Walthers 35' piggyback trailer that was factory-decorated for the Lehigh Valley Railroad.

The second was a frumpy 1964 Plymouth Savoy 4-Door Sedan. As a kid in the 60's, base model Plymouths always seemed to me to be pretty Spartan. My grandfather, who lived outside of Allentown, had several of them over the years, all very drab. I also bought Sylvan's 2-door version of the same car which I may do up as a snazzier "muscle car" version. For those that remember, powerful Plymouths were pretty hot in their day.

TJY

Date: 06/09/18 11:51
Re: A Couple Sylvan Vehicle Projects
Author: boejoe

Really like the A-B-E Mack. (probably of Allentown production)

Date: 06/09/18 17:55
Re: A Couple Sylvan Vehicle Projects
Author: grahamline

The Plymouths appeared in fleet purchases such as taxicabs and police cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0289 seconds