Date: 06/14/18 18:51
Re: My ebay score
Author: icancmp193

Looks like a lot of work ahead for you!

TJY

Date: 06/14/18 20:44
Author: CPR_4000

$16.50 complete with detail parts??? Wow!

Date: 06/14/18 21:55
Author: CSX602

Have you seen the Rapido models that led to many getting rid of those kits and bodies?
By the time you add the chassis, detail parts, and the labor, how much cheaper will it be than the Rapido model?

Date: 06/14/18 22:05
Author: SP4360

CSX602 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you seen the Rapido models that led to many
> getting rid of those kits and bodies?
> By the time you add the chassis, detail parts, and
> the labor, how much cheaper will it be than the
> Rapido model?

Some people still like building a model, not just dropping one out of a box onto the layout and watching it go around in circles.

Date: 06/14/18 23:33
Author: Hookdragkick

A little boogered-up but right for the price. I had my ebay alert for one for a long time. I ended up selling my OMI SD60 drive with brass trucks and tank.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/15/18 06:48
Author: SPDRGWfan

hah hah, by the title I thought you were talking about your positive/negative score!

Cheers, JIm

Date: 06/15/18 08:13
Author: Jimmies

CSX602 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you seen the Rapido models that led to many
> getting rid of those kits and bodies?
> By the time you add the chassis, detail parts, and
> the labor, how much cheaper will it be than the
> Rapido model?

I guess that if the Rapido models led to many getting rid of those kits and bodies as you say, the flip side would be that it led to many picking up those same kits and bodies, wouldn't it? To many, the pride of the build is a big part of having the finished model.

Jim

Date: 06/15/18 19:47

The best auction purchases are those when the buyer thinks that they scored a deal and the seller is relieved to have actually been able to sell the item...
The exceptions happen when the shipping costs or shipping issues (damage or loss) ruin it for one or both.

Date: 06/16/18 18:02
Author: HB90MACH

That seller had an M420 for sale too. Almost had that

Date: 06/17/18 07:48
Author: GBW309

Lets not assume that everyone wants to build a model from the ground up. Everyone has a different level of talent. Some folks can't build scenery to save their soul and others can't detail or kitbash a locomotive. So why don't we let people model to the level of their comfort and not judge them.

Dave

Date: 06/17/18 09:32

So true Dave... There are different types of "modeling". Some involve scratchbuilding, painting, and detailing... Others prefer the operations side, and they are "model railroaders" too. The hobby is shifting toward the latter.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds