Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Model Railroading > R.I.P Keith Turley

Date: 06/18/18 12:43
R.I.P Keith Turley
Author: bn4180

Keith Turley passed away a couple of weeks ago at Methodist Hospital in Arcadia CA. They call it a "heart episode". His family is mostly in Salt Lake City and no services are planned. However, Brian Brooks and I will be hosting an informal memorial for him and all his friends/family this Sunday afternoon at Matt Denny's restaurant in Arcadia.

Keith was a noted passenger car historian, freight car dork, custom builder and locomotive modeler. He loved any railroad the came to St. Louis, where he grew up.

I have attached the flyer, please join us for something to eat and a story or two.

Respectfully submitted,
Tom Bacarella

Well crud. I tried to attach a flyer. Call me or text me if you need info 951-442-2749. Please RSVP (so we can make sure we have enough pork rinds)

Date: 06/18/18 13:11
Re: R.I.P Keith Turley
Author: calsubd

Condolences to his friends and family,

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 06/18/18 13:39
Author: Larry020

Our condolences to you and all of his friends and family.

I never met Keith, but I hope that I got to know him through his posts here on TO. Here’s a link to the information that he shared with us.

https://bit.ly/2JYbeRB

ʎɹɹɐ˥

Date: 06/18/18 13:40
Author: PasadenaSub

So sorry to hear that. I met Keith a few times when he was working at the Whistle Stop in Pasadena. And he did bring up some memories of St. Louis.

My condolences,

Rich Sugg

Date: 06/18/18 15:50
Author: original

Tom
Here is the notice
Fred

Date: 06/18/18 16:12
Author: bn4180

Way to go , Fred!

Date: 06/18/18 19:35
Author: myoungwisc

May he rest in peace. I met Keith during my first visit to WPM many moons ago. Believe he was wearing an "exceeds Plate C" shirt. Ended up chatting a lot about the Milwaukee over the next few years but lost track of him after that. Hope he was able to get a few of those Milwaukee caboose projects completed before he was called up.

Martin

Date: 06/19/18 00:43
Author: SantaFeRuss

I knew Keith from The Whistle Stop in Pasadena. Nice guy. My condolences to his family, and may God bless his soul.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 06/24/18 06:52
Author: trainjunkie

Wow...I haven't been to the Model RR fourm for quite awhile and finally drop by only to find Ketih passed. What a shame. Really nice guy. My sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

I'm sure most of you know this but Keith posted here as "cabinman". He will be missed.

Date: 06/24/18 11:23
Author: SPDRGWfan

trainjunkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sure most of you know this but Keith posted
> here as "cabinman". He will be missed.

Yes it was cabinman who was assuring me that Athearn was going to produce an SDP40F a year or two before they were officially announced,.

Cheers, Jim

Date: 06/24/18 13:33
Author: Fredo

What will we do now Jim?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds