Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Model Railroading > Life isn't fair...sigh

Date: 09/24/02 10:06
Life isn't fair...sigh
Author: dcorreia

I just looked on the GMR website about the new Ringling Decals. I have been working on my custom decals for a couple of months (designing the side car lettering had to be done letter by letter). I took time in removing all the background from the pictures I took to create the globe and fancy lettering decals and having a friend with a better inkjet printer print them out. Just this week I finally starting decalling some cars.

Now, they are coming out with this set after all the work I have done. I though I would have a unique, and rare version of a train rarely modelled. Life isn\'t fair....

Of course this isn\'t the first time this had happened. I spend several days and nights a while back kitbashing a C32-8 and then found out that unpainted shells that will fit on Athearn U33 drives will be available soon. Life isn\'t fair...

So everyone chime in! Does anyone else have one of those experiences in Model Railroading when we all want to shout...
Life Isn\'t Fair....WAH!!!!

Date: 09/24/02 10:21
Re: Life isn't fair...sigh
Author: wabash2800

It usually happens when you kitbash something. A while back I bought some Proto 2000 FA-2\'s as stand ins for Wabash FA-1\'s or possible kitbash projects later. No sooner did I invest in 2 A-B-A sets, I see the anouncement that they are coming out with FA-1\'s, alas not Wabash but...

I have purchased some Highliner shells to paint up Wabash for my Stewart drives. Probably about the time I get around to it, Genesis will come out with painted Wabash units.

I would like to see Atlas or Proto 2000 come out with some HO Trainmasters. Perhaps I should go out and buy some Athearn undecs....

Date: 09/24/02 11:31
Author: tomstp

Yes, I have had the same experience. I wanted a T&P 2-8-2. I bought a PFM USRA light 2-8-2 and then bought way over $100 in castings to make it. The very same day I finally cornered the last casting,(it took over a year) Key Models annouced the T&P 2-8-2. Fortunately my hobby dealer agreed to take the castings back and apply the money to the Key Model.

Date: 09/24/02 12:20
Author: HB90MACH

I have been working on 2 SD90\'s for over a year now from RPP shells w/chasis. I had all the details purchased, and all the parts for the mechanism. I was underway in constructing them. When Kato Decided to release them for half the price per unit it cost me to build mine. I am working on decaling now. Should be done by mid october.
HB90MACH

Date: 09/24/02 12:22
Author: funnelfan

I kitbashed a SP GP60 only to turn around and have Athearn announce it. Then it was a rib side SP woodchip car that E&C Shops made a year later. E&C also got me on a scratchbuilt 65\' mill gondola. It seems to be a the story off the hobby for kitbashers and scratchbuilders. Anyways, I\'m going into N scale now, I hope you guys wanted some SP prototype boxcars ;^)

Ted Curphey
funnelfan@icehouse.net

Date: 09/24/02 12:36
Author: iaisfan

I spent several months kitbashing a UP GP40X, including the HT-B sideframes. About six months after I finished, RPP came out with their shell, chassis, and sideframes. It wasn\'t a total loss, though, since their HT-Bs were nicer than my scratchbuilt attempt at them.

Date: 09/24/02 13:22
Author: highplainsdrifter

Yep, I know what you mean....

Here\'s my list:
Dash 840BW - Walthers - and then Atlas!(thanks Atlas!)
GP40X - Railpower years later
PHII GP50 - Athearn a few years later
2 GP60\'s - Athearn a few years later, Now P2K
3 GP60M\'s and 2 GP60B\'s - Railpower a few years later (Although I like my Athearn kitbashes better)

Now if Atlas can come out with some 840CW\'s, my old Railpower units can have some running mates.

The Drifter

Date: 09/24/02 15:22
Author: MK9515

But nobody is doing the SDP45.....yet. Not that there is a demand for them. I did kitbashed to of them.

Date: 09/24/02 21:57
Author: trainman

After fourteen years perfecting an automatic block system for my layout, along came DCC.
-trainman-

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0568 seconds