Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Model Railroading > Kitbashing website?

Date: 09/24/02 08:45
Kitbashing website?
Author: kwo

A few months ago, someone posted a website address for an individual who showed his process for chopping noses and redoing cabs. His home website showed several outstanding modeling projects that he had worked on, mostly Penn Central diesels. Unfortunately, I didn\'t get his name or any other information because the website doesn\'t pull up anymore. Does anyone know if it\'s moved or been taken down? The site was a great source of encouragement to me personally and I hope it\'s still around.
Thanks.

Date: 09/24/02 08:49
Re: Kitbashing website?
Author: csxt4447

I think you may be referring to Brian Banna. He had a grat website with some of the most accurate and weli built models I\'ve ever seen, mostly PC.

I tried his link a few weeks ago too and found that it was gone. No other info though. I do have his email if you\'d like to contact me on the side.

Date: 09/25/02 18:36
Author: clinchvalley

Here is his current site.

http://members.firstinter.net/bbanna/BGB.htm

Super modeler.

Date: 09/26/02 07:26
Author: kwo

Thanks very much for the new link. The level of detail shown on his units (as well as ATSFFreak\'s) has caused me to start going back through my engines and adding some more details. His HO SD38 has to be one of the finest models I\'ve ever seen. Thanks again.

Date: 09/26/02 09:22
Author: blair.kooistra

Brian is relatively new to railroad modeling, having "gotten his chops" as a first-rate military modeler, I understand. He\'s definately first rate, and bringing some new ideas and methods from the military modeling ranks into the railroad modeling arena.

Stunning stuff.

Date: 09/26/02 11:14
Author: csxt4447

The N scale stuff on the new site is nice, but the PC stuff on his old HO scale site was the Mac Daddy.

He went so far as to custom etch grills for radiator fans. The models are among the best out there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0248 seconds