Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Model Railroading > Thoughts on the National Train Show

Date: 08/11/18 16:34
Thoughts on the National Train Show
Author: nikon1

My son and I went to the NTS. Didn't get to spend a lot of time looking (son wasn't interested). Managed to get a Genesis ATSF GP7u with Tsunami 2 for 251 from Spring Creek. Main reason I went was to speak with Fred Hill from TCY. Walthers has anounced two Heavyweight RPO baggages 1 standard heavy weight and one Harriman for the UP and SP fans. Pre-production models were on display. Also Walters had pre-producton samples of their GP9u's both with and without dynamic brakes. both anouncements were very nicely done. Also Scale Trains had painted production models of their Tunnel Moters (SP variants) on display as well as undec ones as well. Athearn, nothing new. Will be going back tomorrow and will have photos.
Cheers
Charlie
MP 52.8 on the BNSF Topeka Sub

Date: 08/11/18 18:29
Re: Thoughts on the National Train Show
Author: wabash2800

I'd love to see a photo of the Walthers preproduction RPO-Baggage.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 08/11/18 20:37
Author: Santafes95

I went today and I thought it was a pretty good show but I don't have a lot to compare it too. I was impressed with the crowd and the amount of young people there. it gives me renewed hope for the hobby!  I don't know how much people were buying but there was plenty for sale. I didn't see any real bargains. I thought there were some nice layouts with some great trains running. The freemo layout was excellent was some very nice modeling on display. There was a nice number of families and Dads with their kids, which is a great sign. Maybe some of them will bet the bug. I even saw a few teenagers and people were having fun. All those are great positives looking toward the future. The tunnel motors looked great too.
Roll on,
John

Date: 08/12/18 00:59
Author: LocoFi

Hello,

We are one of the exhibitors this year and are proud to introduce a whole new way of model train control: LocoFi™. We would be delighted to meet you at the show on Sunday, for anybody who is able make it to the show on Sunday before it ends (Booth #1329). And yes, we are one of those booths where you may find youngsters, as well as the not so young having fun together running trains :-)

Thanks
LocoFi™ Team
www.wifimodelrailroad.com

Date: 08/12/18 22:23
Author: bnsfsd70

Here ya go!

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,4612457

It looks great!

- Jeff

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd love to see a photo of the Walthers
> preproduction RPO-Baggage.
>
> Victor A. Baird
> http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds