Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Model Railroading > Some Shots of Amtrak on the Grand Road

Date: 11/28/18 18:42
Some Shots of Amtrak on the Grand Road
Author: grandroad

I kind of got behind on my photo postings. This weekend we ran NTrak at the TCA show in Loveland, CO. Turn out was good and the layout ran OK. I met several TO members there. I'm back to trying to finish my calendar by taking photos from different locations on the layout.
1) Amtrak No.6 climbs out of Terror Creek on its last leg into Denver. The Terror Creek depot is in the foreground.
2) The Storm Mountain is on the back of No.6. The Storm Mountain is the Grand Road business car and on the back platform is my son and I. We are going down to Denver to catch a Broncos game. Matt is the big strapping guy and I'm the little old guy.
3) The CEMCPL (Coal Energy Mine to Coors Power Loads) winds thru the valley while the photographer hangs on the a mountain side by his fingernails. The CEMCPL is 56 cars long and is powered by 2x2x1 DPU. 
Thanks for looking.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 11/28/18 19:00
Re: Some Shots of Amtrak on the Grand Road
Author: cvrrr

Very nice module. cvrrr

Posted from Android

Date: 11/28/18 21:06
Author: grandroad

cvrrr, this is my home layout. It is in a 9'x13' basement room. It is N scale and represents two miles of mountain mainline on the western slope of the Rockies. There is no switching, industries, or passing sidings. Passing sidings would require double track tunnels and they just don't exist in western mountain railroads. There are seven staging tracks under what is in the photos.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 11/28/18 21:58
Author: MojaveBill

How about a shot of that business car?

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 11/29/18 06:15
Author: refarkas

Those pieces of weathered rail and the tie sitting off to the side of the tracks in photo one make this scene seem all the more realistic.
Bob

Date: 11/29/18 07:10
Author: MC6853

Thank you for posting, as I enjoy seeing shots of this very well done layout...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds