Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Model Railroading > Ah dumping we will go, ah dumping we will go, hi ho the merry oh.

Date: 12/02/18 20:33
Ah dumping we will go, ah dumping we will go, hi ho the merry oh.
Author: funnelfan

Seems like it's been ages since I spent any quality time at the workbench. I had this half finished BN Diffco side dump car sitting there. Those Walthers Diffco cars lack a whole lot of detail and look very lacking for it. I added a whole bunch of air piping, brake rigging, handrails, cut levers and air hoses to make the model look like something. It's a lot of work, but well worth detailing the exposed underside of these cars. It's now ready for some detail painting and weathering. Thinking about making a removable load of rip-rap too.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/02/18 20:55
Re: Ah dumping we will go, ah dumping we will go, hi ho the merry
Author: calsubd

Looks good !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 12/03/18 09:32
Author: alcoc636

I have several of these models that have been sitting around for years. They've been on my "To Do List" mainly for the same reasons that you stated, the models are severely lacking in detail. Your photo and the description of what you did are terrific and inspiring. Maybe 2019 will be the year I pull those models out and get some additional MOW cars into service on my BN layout! Great job on your BN Difco Dump Car! Thanks for sharing!

Tim Dickinson
La Verne, CA

Date: 12/03/18 11:31
Author: PHall

I like to think of those Walthers Mainline cars as basic kits just waiting for super detailing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds