Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Model Railroading > Model Railroader site

Date: 12/09/18 15:51
Model Railroader site
Author: grahamline

Is anyone having issues. I can't log in under my registered ID and password, and am getting no response to a help request. I know it has been kind of buggy the past several months.
Other sites I use are working correctly.

Date: 12/09/18 16:04
Re: Model Railroader site
Author: PHall

Just logged into it about a minute ago, no problems.

Date: 12/09/18 16:05

Thanks. Maybe I'll phone in on Monday.

Date: 12/09/18 16:53
Author: wjpyper

I logged in this morning. No problem.

Date: 12/09/18 20:26
Author: tomstp

Same thing is happening to me.  It logs in for about 1 second then spits it back out.  I sent email to customer service but since it was a saturday I don't expect anyone has seen it yet.

Date: 12/09/18 20:50
Author: PHall

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same thing is happening to me.  It logs in for
> about 1 second then spits it back out.  I sent
> email to customer service but since it was a
> saturday I don't expect anyone has seen it yet.

That sounds like the security software on your computer. It must think the MR site is malware.

Date: 12/10/18 08:46
Author: aehouse

Kalmbach is in the midst of switching to a new customer service provider. I had issues trying to log onto my MR Video Plus account last week, called Kalmbach, and was told that things are in flux during the transition.  On that day, they unlocked MRVP so all could access it, even without an account.

(I'm glad they're switching. In recent years, subscription renewal forms have come in the mail with mail-back envelopes too small to hold the renewal form(!) )

Art House

Date: 12/10/18 10:07
Author: Frisco1522

Its taking them forever to get online Customer Service up and running.    I used to check order history before ordering things because I'm old and forgetful and would end up ordering something twice.    Site has been under construction since Harding was president.

Date: 12/10/18 15:30
Author: Frank30

My problem with MR seems to be that after 58 years of continuous subscription to MR, it has come to abrupt end
because the new fulfilment office in Florida didn't bother to deposit my check from 3 months back.

It's bad enough they send subscription renewal notices 10 months before a subscription is to expire and then
another and another. So what do they do when you finally send your payment, who knows?

You would think "Subscription Retention"  would be an important function of the Florida office.  I guess not.

Let's see how this plays out..

Frank30

Date: 12/10/18 16:27
Author: DKay

I have attempted to renew subs and purchase other publications on the Kalmbach site,but for what ever reason it no longer likes my Australian CCard.Never had problems before.
Regards,DK

Date: 12/11/18 14:38

Still stuck in the endless sign-on sign-on sign-on sign-on loop.  No response. Off to read other forums.

Date: 12/15/18 18:35
Author: mundo

May be the Florida folks, got bogged down, in order to become a new Amtrak call center.

Low bid, gets the contract, regardless of the service provided.

Date: 12/18/18 07:34
Author: Frank30

Kalmbach will be at the West Springfield show in January.  
I will make it my business to talk to them about my subscription
as well as all these problems voiced in these posts.  I hope
"face to face"  will get some action, but I won't hold my breath.
Frank30

Date: 12/19/18 20:58
Author: miniempire

Something you might check if you are using Chrome browser to login/view the site.

You may have an extension attached to Chrome that their server is not fond of.
This is a constant issue at the school district I work at with the student Chromebooks and the website they use in class.

In the URL Address window type: chrome://extensions/
if you have a bunch of items in that window you don't remember adding to Chrome just select remove on each one, close the browser and restart it and try the website again.

if this is not the issue it will be one less thing the Tech Support will have to troubleshoot with you.

Brook

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0524 seconds