Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > HO scale Railroad display

Date: 12/13/18 17:06
HO scale Railroad display
Author: bath_wildcat

Had a meeting with the library in Port Clinton,Ohio about a railroad display in May. The meeting went very well.

This is the display case. Top left is for Operation Lifesaver while the top right will be exclusive to steam. Directly below that on the next levels will be the set up of HO scale locomotives and freight cars as two separate trains facing each other.

The 4 quadrants below those I'm thinking in one will be the driving of the Golden spike, but the other three I will need some advice on.

Any advice is helpful. Scale is HO scale.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/18 17:06 by bath_wildcat.

Date: 12/13/18 18:01
Re: HO scale Railroad display
Author: wabash2800

In addition to the trains I  would recommend at least one railroad structure like an interlocking tower or station.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 12/14/18 06:08
Author: pilotblue

Maybe show examples of each scale, G to Z labeled and in descending order. Interpretation is everything for the everyday public, adults and kids alike.

Date: 12/14/18 09:33
Author: NKP-PRR

Mike - 

You need to have a theme if your going to do a display.  Do a little research while you're at the library, tie it to the local history.

8x10 historical pictures showing a scene in town and then replicate with a model train.....i.e.  the 20th Century Limited stopped in town just down the street from the library.  Find/show a picture of the station and then setup a small passenger train?

The inter-urban ran the length of 4th street (also just steps from the library), again find a picture and model a scene.  

The residents of PC would like that!

-Dave

Date: 12/14/18 20:05
Author: bath_wildcat

The librarian and I are plannin on just that. She has some books already on hold, and some coming in that highlight the local history. I will let her know about the local part as a display and go from there.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 12/17/18 06:06
Author: NKP-PRR

Great! Please show us pics of the final display. Look forward to seeing it when it’s done.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds