Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Model Railroading > Grandson's 5th birthday

Date: 01/06/19 17:53
Grandson's 5th birthday
Author: santafedan

Here is Grandpa and Grandson working on the "layout" during the birthday party.  It is never too young to start.

Date: 01/06/19 18:19
Re: Grandson's 5th birthday
Author: Streamliner

Love it!

Date: 01/06/19 19:04
Author: inCHI

I remember where Brio started to overlap with model railroading when I played with it as a kid. Maybe I was 7 or 8, but I recall that I tried to recreate a portion of the CSX Philly Sub between Elsmere and Singerly siding with Brio. It went across the den, around the couch, and towards the back door... trains were a whopping 5-10 cars.

Date: 01/06/19 19:19
Author: bigmc83

You're never too old to enjoy Brio!  My 3 year old son and I do the same thing, and as mentioned, it's how I learned to love trains, model railroading, and "layout design"  Building on the floor was much more fun than a confining table as the trains could go anywhere!  I recall trying to simulate my dad's PRR operation complete with crudely created waybills and symbols.  Playing with it all again, I must say that the powered engines are pretty cool and entertaining.

Keep building!
Sean McCaffery 

Date: 01/07/19 07:21
Author: wag216

Priceless! wag216

Date: 01/07/19 07:38
Author: SPDRGWfan

One can hope it sticks into adulthood.  Only time will tell!

Date: 01/07/19 12:44
Author: wjpyper

Way to go Grandpa! When he gets older buy him an American Flyer set and introduce him to S gauge.
Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon

Date: 01/08/19 06:17
Author: BlackWidow

Be careful there...  I see that he has created a wye.  I hope he double gapped it to prevent a short! :)

Date: 01/09/19 23:23
Author: Bucyrus-Erie

Great job, Grandpa! Great photos!

Brio trains are great stuff. My kids played with them hours on end. Back then at least, they were made somewhere in Scandinavia .... spent a lot of money on them. lol. But, worth it.

Jim Lee
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds