Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Model Railroading > MoPac Eagle paint

Date: 01/07/19 12:08
MoPac Eagle paint
Author: TexasRocket

Hello all,
       I realise that Tru-Color has all the paint I desire, but I can't stand their product and the shelf life is rubbish. I would prefer to do an enamel based paint job if I can, so if anybody has a mixing guide for all the colours for a MoPac Eagle passenger train, I'd be very appreciative.

Date: 01/07/19 16:54
Re: MoPac Eagle paint
Author: Fredo

Add some of their brand of thinner to your thick Tru Color paint and it should be fine.Don't use acetone,use the expensive Tru Color thinner. It will also work with SMP Accu-Paint with the same results

Date: 01/08/19 10:23
Author: ATSF3751

Fredo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Add some of their brand of thinner to your thick
> Tru Color paint and it should be fine.Don't use
> acetone,use the expensive Tru Color thinner. It
> will also work with SMP Accu-Paint with the same
> results

Yes. Thinned properly with TRU COLOR thinner, the product goes on easily and will provide a smooth gloss fininsh. Be sure to keep the paint, (and any paint), stored in an room temperature enviornment for best results. You can of course clean your air brush with acetone. 

Date: 01/10/19 07:49
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Des Plaines Hobbies in Chicago had a Scalecoat fomulated blend for MOP blue and MOP grey
and I purchased a bottle of each for my T&P train 15 years ago.  Good quality paint and spot on coloring. 

Not sure i still available, but worth a phone call.  (847) 297-2118

Date: 01/10/19 09:08
Author: Frank30

One problem, Scalecoat Paints are under new ownership and I wouldnt count on
the colors being eactly the same as 15 years ago!
Frank30

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds