Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Model Railroading > Daily Chores on the SWP

Date: 02/02/19 09:08
Daily Chores on the SWP
Author: railstiesballast

Three fun shots with my i phone on the HO Southwestern Pacific.  As of now it is set as 2006 with UP operations using a lot of SP equipment.
1.  "Easy" sign to a joint as the local switches at Marathon
2.  MofW gives a highball to the XDRGW5371West at Cascade.  Yes it was still unpatched in 2006, and is now on display in Ogden Utah.
3.  That brake hose is leaking again!  A mechanic struggles with the end loader at Cascade spur as a freight pulls into the siding.
I find that the i phone does a fair job, but does not have quite enough depth of field to make really good images.

Date: 02/02/19 11:10
Re: Daily Chores on the SWP
Author: ghemr

Great scenes and I especially like the figures! May I ask who makes them?

Date: 02/02/19 12:23
Author: WAF

Someone wrote a book about the SWP.........

Date: 02/02/19 13:30
Author: funnelfan

If you expect to live long as a conductor or brakeman, you learn not to stand or walk in the gauge of the track. Better to stay outside the gauge of the track as much as possible.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/02/19 14:56
Author: PHall

Due to some dedicated folks at Helper, UT. 5371 managed to avoid getting patched all the way until retirement.
As told in the book Last of a Breed.

Date: 02/02/19 17:25
Author: railstiesballast

I think the two fellow with PPE are from a recent Walthers release, mildly repainted. The fellow giving hand signals while switching I cannot cite a source.  I looked up a few 2006 images and found MofW employees all wore PPE but only a few transportation employees did.
Yes, that fellow would be better to be out from the gauge of the spur track, he is safe but it is a bad habit.  I'll have a management meeting with him in the morning.  He is very obedient, he goes exactly where I tell him to go.

Date: 02/04/19 13:43
Author: obsessedfoamer

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you expect to live long as a conductor or
> brakeman, you learn not to stand or walk in the
> gauge of the track. Better to stay outside the
> gauge of the track as much as possible.
>  

Gauge? This is the US, lol.   It's called "in the foul". 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds