Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Model Railroading > Blue Point vs. Bulldog Switch Machines

Date: 02/05/19 17:11
Blue Point vs. Bulldog Switch Machines
Author: sierrawestern

Looking to build a small HO scale shelf type switching layout that will have nine turnouts.  Looking at Blue Point or Bulldog switch machines to keep things simple with fascia mounted push/pull knobs.  Both have electrical switches, either SPDT or DPDT, to be used to power frogs.  Pros, cons anyone.  I have researched both websites and the one advantage I see in Blue Point is that it does not need to be built but then the Bullfrog video shows that one is relatively simple to build.  Input is appreciated.  Thanks all,    

Date: 02/06/19 06:57
Re: Blue Point vs. Bulldog Switch Machines
Author: inCHI

I have 5 of the Bulldog machines on a small switching layout and they have worked well for me.

Date: 02/06/19 07:27
Author: grahamline

Building a Bulldog is no big deal, but our club boffins like the electrical switch in the Bluepoint. Haven't seen a Bulldog since they came out so I don't know what they are using now.

Date: 02/07/19 23:26
Author: up833

I use a dozen Bluepoint machines for push/pull knob operation for my N layout..  Also use the electrical connections for switch point indication;  Red/Green LED right angle from Burkshire Junction Models.  Works fine
RB

Date: 02/08/19 10:22
Author: sixaxlecentury

You really cant beat bluepoints.   They get my vote for the best hand throw mechanism out there.    Bulllfrog is Eh,  I think the bluepoint is more robust though...and you dont have to build it.   

Bullfrog also does not have the adjuster that the Bluepoint has.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/19 14:47 by sixaxlecentury.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds