Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Model Railroading > Sherman Hill Returns to Frontier mall

Date: 02/06/19 06:40
Sherman Hill Returns to Frontier mall
Author: Bob3985

This weekend the Sherman Hill Model Railroad Club will begin operations open to the public once again at our new location in the Frontier Mall. There will be ongoing work over time on the new modules we built to modify the layout to the new "U" shaped configuration with return loops to fit the most modules from the old layout into the new smaller space. Hopefully this is where we will be for a long time. And with this layout design the operators will be out in the public instead of in the middle of the layout. This will allow much more interaction to take place. And hopefully our former regular visitors will begin to return and enjoy the changes. Photos to follow in the coming weeks.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/06/19 06:59
Re: Sherman Hill Returns to Frontier mall
Author: olddude41

Congratulations to all involved on a successful move Bob! It's tons of work, I know, but presents new opportunities for improvements, both operational and with overall presentation. Great work by all!

Larry W. Grant
(olddude41)
Dallas, Texas

Date: 02/06/19 09:24
Author: hartrick24

Great news Bob, how about lots of photos...

Steve H...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/19 15:13 by hartrick24.

Date: 02/06/19 14:39
Author: PeaBock619

Hope to check out the layout if I go up to Utah/Wyoming in early May

Date: 02/06/19 15:25

PeaBock619 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope to check out the layout if I go up to
> Utah/Wyoming in early May
Keep on mind too that the third weekend of May is our annual train show and Railroad Heritage Days.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/06/19 19:32

Today our friend at Colorburst came by and applied our lettering to the window in front of our layout.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/06/19 19:35

And then I repositiioned my Menard's Herman's Sauerkraut Factory and Helga's Bierstube.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/06/19 21:18
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Great to see this coming to fruition. Sorry my health is limiting my participation as cold/flu season is very tough on me due to medication. Made a quick stop Tuesday and it looks good. New extension for switching module with small turntable a great idea. Hope to get up there to run after cold/flu season goes elsewhere.

Don Allender

Date: 02/07/19 16:13
As reference

Here are a pair of photos I took. The first is right after we began to move into our new space and the second was yesterday after our signage was applied.
Hopefully I will get some photos this weekend when we open to the public and I plan to cover the work we do over time to the new modules.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/08/19 19:53
Re: As reference
Author: upkpfan

Bob,
What city is this in now? upkpfan

Date: 02/09/19 05:59

upkpfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bob,
> What city is this in now? upkpfan

This model railroad layout in in the Frontier Mall in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
This is part of a traveling layout we bought from Dave Trussell and the northern Colorado group.
We have had to modify sections and build new modules based on the space we have been given.
In this current space we had to reduce the size of the design we had before to almost half the size.
We added new sections that will have scenery applied over time as we continue to improve our display.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/09/19 19:20
Author: upkpfan

Bob,
Thank you. upkpfan

Date: 02/11/19 07:36
Opening Weekend

This past weekend was our opening to the public at the mall.
Saturday we had over 300 visitors and Sunday I had to leave early for a meeting so I did not get that count yet.
Here are three photos right after opening. It got much busier around lunchtime and after and I was busy running trains.
First is the view from the mall lobby.
Second is a photo of Dave's DRGW passenger train.
Third is john running his train.
I will start a new thread next weekend along with more photos.
Happy railroading!

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/12/19 16:47
Re: Opening Weekend
Author: grahamline

Shows you what a good group can accomplish.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1241 seconds