Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Model Railroading > Utah Belt SD70ACe on Ebay.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 02/08/19 08:24
Utah Belt SD70ACe on Ebay.
Author: upmodeler

This thing is bid up to over $2000 on Ebay wow!

Posted from Android

Date: 02/08/19 08:41
Re: Utah Belt SD70ACe on Ebay.
Author: dwb909

The same seller sold a Atlas GP38-2 in October for 2550. They must have some gold plating on there some where.

Date: 02/08/19 08:56
Author: tomstp

Over 26 bidders and it' s  up to $2800.  That is really absurd.  Hell buy a new engine, paint and decal it and you have saved what ---- $2400.

Date: 02/08/19 09:08
Author: dwb909

Just went back to his completed listings and in January he sold 3 roundhouse coal cars with loads and weathered for 513. I need this guy to sell my stuff. I cant get that much for OMI brass

Date: 02/08/19 09:38
Author: mcdeo

This is from Eric himself and I'm thinking this engine has been published in MR. So it's 'famous'. 

I too agree about painting your own, however, trying to find an undec is not very easy lately.

Maybe someone can talk to Eric again and let him know how popular he is and to allow a manufactured to run some fantasy schemes of his. I know there has been issues in the past, but welcome to being famous. Like or not, Eric's layout has a lot of star power. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 02/08/19 09:50
Author: SPDRGWfan

Yeah, it's "celebrity status" driving the prices quite clearly; that and people with a lot more money than I have.  Heck being able to afford todays new models is challenging enough.

Maybe someone can talk to Eric again and let him know how popular he is

I would guess Eric is getting the "message" based on the prices his models are commanding on Ebay.

Cheers, Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/19 09:52 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 02/08/19 10:41
Author: grandeguy

Good for him................nobodys twisting the bidders arms to buy it. Someone has way more disposable income than I do. Good on em.

Dave Dane

Date: 02/08/19 11:34
Author: GBW309

Mom used to say that " A fool and his money are soon parted"   Here's proof positive

Dave

Date: 02/08/19 12:07
Author: map

This is indeed directly from Eric Brooman himself, I think he has discovered a new source of retirement income.  I remember the good old days of seeing him hawking outdated Utah Belt locos and cars at local swap meets, selling off stuff at modest prices to pay for more modern equipment and keep up to date.  In the day I acquired a few old blue box Geeps and cars from him, which I foolishly offloaded on eBay for a profit years ago when I needed the money.  Unfortunately I got no where near the prices seen lately.  I would pay double what I got to to have any of the items back again, just for sentimental reasons.  With the current state of what his equipment is selling for, there isn't much chance I will have the means to acquire any of his collection in the future.  From what I understand, a lot of the interest is coming from overseas.

Mike Peters
Brentwood, MO

Date: 02/08/19 13:05
Author: needles_sub

Just a good indication of how empty and meaningless some peoples lives are. They fill the void in their lives buying things from "famous" people.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/08/19 13:16
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Either way, Mr. Brooman has those things and he and his Utah Belt RR have indeed become rather famous. There are people who will pay that price for the real thing that was in the magazine. Tough toenails that you aren't getting those prices but then apparently you didn't plan ahead and make a great layout with a lot of press exposure. He did, good for him.

Date: 02/08/19 15:52
Author: TomG

dwb909 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just went back to his completed listings

And how do you do this?

Date: 02/08/19 16:01
Author: Josta

Search on eBay for "Utah Belt"

Click on seller's name under "Seller Information"

Click on "See all Feedback", then the completed sales list will appear.

John Acosta
Palm Springs, CA

Date: 02/08/19 16:21
Author: RRBMail

needles_sub Wrote:
> Just a good indication of how empty and
> meaningless some peoples lives are. They fill the
> void in their lives buying things from "famous"
> people.

So true; so true.

Date: 02/08/19 16:26
Author: TomG

Thanks John

Date: 02/09/19 07:12
Author: BAB

RRBaron Wrote:
> needles_sub Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just a good indication of how empty and
> > meaningless some peoples lives are. They fill
> the
> > void in their lives buying things from "famous"
> > people.
>
> So true; so true.

Nice snarky TO post I see, terrable to do as its up to each and every one of us to decide how to spend our money.  Some consider our hobbies, all of them worthless but will spend four or more figures for one foot ball game. But since some feel so entitled to cut others down its really too bad for every one to do. And yes I have bought an item that was of value to me and one or two others who bid against me. It was a 1/18 indy race car autographed by two people, George Bignotti, and AJ Foyd and certificat of proof. So know what I speak of. OK?

Date: 02/09/19 07:48
Author: borg

Good for Eric.  He is a nice guy and has a great model railroad.  Visited once and would like to visit agan.  Would like to have at least a boxcar from the Utah Belt but those prices on E-bay are beyond crazy.  I guess there are some people with more money than brains.  For all that money you could purchase a locomotive, strip and repaint it, have custom decales made and still be wayy ahead.

Date: 02/09/19 08:02
Author: gandydancer4

There will ALWAYS be people who are jealous of others' talents. Instead of judging, how about praising him for what he has and BE THANKFUL for what YOU have. The mentality of "whoever has the most toys, wins" is CRAP. Remember, you wont' even get to take the body you were born with, with you when you die and your trains will becomes somebody else's trains when you're dead. Chew on that. Have a nice day.

Date: 02/09/19 09:33
Author: Hookdragkick

^^^Don't fear the Toy Reaper^^^.

Date: 02/09/19 10:08
Author: PHall

borg Wrote:
> Good for Eric.  He is a nice guy and has a great
> model railroad.  Visited once and would like to
> visit agan.  Would like to have at least a boxcar
> from the Utah Belt but those prices on E-bay are
> beyond crazy.  I guess there are some people with
> more money than brains.  For all that money you
> could purchase a locomotive, strip and repaint it,
> have custom decales made and still be wayy ahead.

But it wouldn't be authentic!!!  And for some people that matters.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0777 seconds