Model Railroading > Mall Train ?

Date: 02/12/19 06:20
Mall Train ?
Author: Spikes

Kid's ride, Galleria Mall at Tyler, Riverside CA

Date: 02/12/19 06:31
Re: Mall Train ?
Author: Spoony81

We've had something very similar at our mall the last several years, it has speakers in the cars and plays train songs as it travels through the mall. My 7 and 4 year olds always love riding it

Date: 02/12/19 07:54
Author: atsf121

So the mall in Simi Valley, CA has one, and I’ve seen one at a mall here in Utah.  But the best place I’ve ever seen one - Inorbit mall in Hyderabad India.  That one caught me by surprise, had to snap a photo for my kids.  It was like the Disney princess bag I saw a little girl with, some things are just universal. 

Nathan

Date: 02/12/19 09:26
Author: wingomann

Considering how big some of the malls are, it seems like a train that can shuttle people from one end of the mall to the other would be a good idea.  It gives a person a chance to take a rest before continuing to shop.  It could be like how Disneyland has the train that goes around the park.  When my family is there we take the train to give our legs a rest along with transporting us to a different part of the park (plus we all think the train is cool).  Maybe a better system would be to use an overhead tram considering how crowded the main isle of a mall can get.

​Disclaimer: I hate going to malls.  If I have a reason to go there I usually go straight to the store I'm there for and leave.  I'm not a shopper (except for train or hardware stores, not usually found at malls).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/19 10:50 by wingomann.

Date: 02/12/19 10:17
Author: pullmanboss

wingomann Wrote:
> ​Disclaimer: I hate going to malls.  If I have
> a reason to go there I usually go straight to the
> store I'm there for and leave.  I'm not a
> shopper.

Comic Elaine Boosler said that while men lack the shopping gene, women lack the "jump up from the sidewalk and touch the awning" gene.

Tom M.

Date: 02/15/19 13:13
Author: hepc46

Wattman trains.  Battery powered, the whole boile slides forward to access the batteries. has sound, and smoke as options and the side wheels turn. Here's 2 shots of it on the show floor at the IAAPA attractions expo in Orlando back in November.  Spent about an hour talking to them and going over all the features.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.056 seconds