Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Model Railroading > Heads-Up

Date: 03/12/19 19:03
Heads-Up
Author: BNSF-E9

SP & DRGW SD40T-2's have arrived, and a late afternoon E was received.....good news.

Date: 03/12/19 19:07
Re: Heads-Up

Scale Trains SD40T-2's, sorry about that.

Date: 03/13/19 09:38
Author: SPDRGWfan

Yep, got my invoices yesterday for a major dent in the wallet.  Fortunatly I had sold enough surplus model trains ahead of time to cover the expected bill!

Date: 03/13/19 11:26
Author: SD40T-2

OUCH!

Date: 03/13/19 14:21

SD40T-2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OUCH!

Yes, would have been more ouch but I sold enough surplus rolling stock ahead of time to cover the ouch.  Still...!

Date: 03/13/19 18:34
Author: SD40T-2

I mean OUCH as in $1,394 ouches

Cheers, Mark

Date: 03/14/19 05:40

My original pre-order prior to the pre-order closing date was for 3 DCC ready, totalling $510.  I had managed to sell enough surplus models as shipping date was drawing near to cover a bigger order so when some sound versions came available on the website in Jan/Feb (a numbered sound version and unnumbered sound unit sound unit, I modified my order so it was 4, 2 with sound and 2 without. 

Now that there has been a first run, it will be interesting to see what tunnel motor announcements come next, amid the raft of modern wide cabs ST has offered or is offering - at least when you go to their main page, you mostly see wide cabs and late era covered hoppers.  

When ScaleTrains first started, the images they were using in their advertising appeared to suggest their focus would be modern trains (meaning approximately last 25 years).  They did start out with the Big Blow true, but some of the more prominent rolling stock seems to have been "modern" tank cars, covered hoppers and containers, at least by the numbers.  Wide cabs seem to dominate their main page also.  But they are offering pre-modern rolling stock as promised in the form of some tasty bones in the form of the carbon black cars, 4785 hoppers, airlsides and bulkhead freight cars, and the SD40-2's and tunnel motors.  I am not very familiar with GE's so those appear to qualify.  Yes, there have been the Evan's double door box car kits for a budget model and the operator stuff. 

Thank you scale trains and keep up the good work!  Now how about a ST SD45 or GP30/35/40 series!  :-) 

Cheers, Jim

Date: 03/14/19 10:43
Author: TCnR

Also hoping for a good follow up. An SP 45 or 45T-2 would work for me.

Date: 03/14/19 11:14

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also hoping for a good follow up. An SP 45 or
> 45T-2 would work for me.

I'd be pleased with either from ScaleTrains but the SD45 would be my first pick because the current options all all have shortcomings for SD45's.  The Athearn RTR are nicely detailed but the long hood has the old Rail Power shell crude side details heritiage.  KATO and Proto don't have road specific details like the SP light package or D&RGW nose light and proper snow plows etc.  My vote is for a ScaleTrains SD45.  The Athearn SD45T-2 isn't too bad but a ST version would be awsome too.

Date: 03/15/19 06:42

Scale Trains SD45, or GP30.......fantastic!

Either, or both......please!

Date: 03/15/19 07:50
Author: BlackWidow

Post office says mine is supposed to arrive Saturday.  Should be a good weekend!

Date: 03/15/19 09:02

Got my shipping notice Fri afternoon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/19 05:53 by SPDRGWfan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds