Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Model Railroading > Dale Kennedy Of Smoke Stack Hobby Shop passes.

Date: 03/12/19 19:11
Dale Kennedy Of Smoke Stack Hobby Shop passes.
Author: Gateway97

Just wanted to pass along to all the T. O. Members the sad news that Dale Kennedy, who founded the Smoke Stack Hobby Shop with friend (and local school teacher) Ray Mulrooney in Lancaster, Ohio, has passed away. The Smoke Stack opened in 1977 and Dale operated it for 36 years before retiring and selling it to new owners.  Dale leaves behind his wife, Jean (one of the best teachers I had in my school years in Lancaster), as well as two sons and 5 grandsons,  many other family and friends. He was 75 years old. 

Some members may recall the O-scale bridge kits that Dale and Ray used to market in the early years of the shop. 

Date: 03/13/19 01:26
Re: Dale Kennedy Of Smoke Stack Hobby Shop passes.
Author: calsubd

Condolences to his family and friends

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 03/13/19 14:17
Author: bq23dash7

Very sad to hear this.  I also grew up in Lancaster and spent a lot of time as a kid in his shop starting on Main Street hill.  He always had a good inventory not just of trains but plastic models, paints, etc..  I couldn't count how many Monogram airplanes and Athearn blue box kits I got there.  Dale started and grew a solid shop.  The current owner runs a busy place whenever I stop by.  Mrs. Kennedy was a great 5th grade teacher- my condolences to her and their family.

John

Date: 03/14/19 16:06
Author: Gateway97

Very true John. Dale tried to provide as wide a range of hobby supplies as space would allow. I got a bunch of blue box there too. And Atlas locos.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0264 seconds