Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > North West Short Line

Date: 03/17/19 15:41
North West Short Line
Author: gandydancer4

I just read on Facebook that the owner of NWSL is calling it quits after 60 years. His last day is August 31, 2019. Can someone else confirm this?  I'm very sorry to here this. I believe his wife may have passed away, I do NOT know for sure if this is true. 

Date: 03/17/19 16:02
Re: North West Short Line
Author: sixaxlecentury

This is the post I don’t want to make but the time has come. I just can’t do this without Lynda. Following is the notice I sent to all the magazines.
=======
After 60 years in business, NWSL will cease operations effective August 30th, 2019. The company will continue to take orders for in-stock products until July 1st, 2019. Closure is for personal reasons and sale of the business is not anticipated, although reasonable proposals will be considered.

------------------------------------
Keep in mind, these are not the original owners either.  

Sad to see it happen, espeically this way, but really, how much demand could there be for repower and gear kits like there was 20 years ago, short of maybe the people dealing in Brass steam.   

Maybe we will see another 11th hour save like Grandt Line, but I am not counting on this one.  

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/19 16:06 by sixaxlecentury.

Date: 03/17/19 18:23
Author: gandydancer4

Please forgive for asking this but is there ANY substitutes out there for NWSL products? 

Date: 03/19/19 15:32
Author: original

absolutely NOT ! - I truely hope Dave  can sell it quickly ! - this is one company that needs to stay !

Date: 03/20/19 15:42
Author: navarch2

"I just can’t do this without Lynda."

I can feel the pain in that simple statement......I hope that over time this gentleman can find a degree of happiness again....my best wishes to him.

Bob

Date: 03/21/19 13:57
Author: grahamline

Sounds like he's reacting with his heart and not his head. Let's hope a qualified buyer emerges and can get the company moving.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds