Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Model Railroading > T-2s In At Lombard

Date: 03/22/19 00:47
T-2s In At Lombard
Author: SD40T-2

Lombard Hobbies has a good selection and good quantities of the Scale Trains SD40T-2s in stock.  I have no affiliation with these guys,  but I have placed many orders with them and I'm a happy customer.  I know from past experience that when they arrive at M.B. Klein, they will sometimes sell out in a few hours, so here's an alternative.  I just want to give our great Trainorders foamers a leg-up.

Good Luck!  Cheers, Mark

Date: 03/22/19 02:35
Re: T-2s In At Lombard
Author: Hookdragkick

Hit or miss with them. 1st order, half my shipment arrived. Inventory not updated. They refunded me the difference and full shipping. It would of been nice of them to reach out to me first and allow me to supplement something else (they missed out on keeping my money), but still a positive experience.

Second time, could not reach then when I had an issue. I would probably buy from them again.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/22/19 08:43
Author: sixaxlecentury

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Usually Lombards takes longer to get new items in
> than other shops so I was surprised to see those
> arrive so fast.  Lombards standard shipping is
> $14 no matter what, so I tend to not buy from them
> unless I can make an order that will justify their
> higher shipping.   To me it seem a bit nutty to
> pay $14 shipping on a small order.  MBK shipping
> is almost always about half of what Lombard
> charges, so I usually go to them first and of
> course watch them like a hawk if I want to order
> items that may sell out fast.  Lombards appears
> to be expensive shipping because they use UPS only
> and no USPS option, which is usually significantly
> less.  I've nudged them to use USPS and some
> newer partners at the store sounded upon to it but
> so far, no change.
>
>  

At one point, they had a $45 minimum order as well.    I think I have only ordered once or twice online from them.    I do stop in the store about 3 times a year, and frankly, the last 3 or 4 times, the store has not really changed...at all, even after the new partners were preaching change.  

Date: 03/22/19 09:19
Author: TCnR

Haven't been able to find what I'm looking for at Lombard's since they went to the new web page format. Huge inventories are tough to deal with but Google and Amazon seem to have a handle on it, although they have huge resources just for that.

Google works pretty good with the Walthers inventory, if you have the right combination of search words, haven't had that luck with Lombards yet but I'll keep trying as they have good prices and good service... as many Hobby Shops do these days. btw my last three purchases were at the local brick and mortar store, despite the taxes. Partly because of the trouble I've been having with Athearn motors.

Date: 03/22/19 11:19
Author: SD40T-2

My order shipped from them two days ago was sent USPS Priority mail, so I think you are misinformed.

I gotta say it gets so tiring when someone on Trainorders like myself creates a post, and it turns into a bashfest (this time for Lombard Hobbies) by armchair quarterbacks.  I like Lombard Hobbies, MB Klein, Scale Trains, Overland Hobbies, Trainworld, Factory Direct Trains, and Hogstrains and I've had good luck, and I like all of them.  All first class establishments.  Lombard is first class all the way as well.  Don't be swayed by people whom always believe the sky is falling, or by the sour-grapers

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
> Usually Lombards takes longer to get new items in
> than other shops so I was surprised to see those
> arrive so fast.  Lombards standard shipping is
> $14 no matter what, so I tend to not buy from them
> unless I can make an order that will justify their
> higher shipping.   To me it seem a bit nutty to
> pay $14 shipping on a small order.  MBK shipping
> is almost always about half of what Lombard
> charges, so I usually go to them first and of
> course watch them like a hawk if I want to order
> items that may sell out fast.  Lombards appears
> to be expensive shipping because they use UPS only
> and no USPS option, which is usually significantly
> less.  I've nudged them to use USPS and some
> newer partners at the store sounded upon to it but
> so far, no change.
>
>  

Date: 03/22/19 11:30
Author: DevalDragon

SD40T-2 Wrote:
> Lombard is first class all the way as well. 

You would be one of the very few people I know that would say that. The people that work there are very unprofessional and don't seem to want or value customers.

Just about every time I've been there they never say a word to me. And they act like it's the end of the world if you ask a question or want to see something.

I prefer to take my business to hobby shops that actually want my business.

Date: 03/22/19 13:33
Author: gandydancer4

Spring Creek Model Trains, guys. 'Nuff said

Date: 03/22/19 15:14
Author: SPDRGWfan

gandydancer4 Wrote:
> Spring Creek Model Trains, guys. 'Nuff said

I order from Spring Creek too. They have great personal service. Only problem is I never know what they have in stock without asking.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/22/19 17:22
Author: SD45X

Well, Spring Creek has one sound DRGW left. 5394. I got the other two sound they had today .Seem to have a few SP though.
Caboose hadn’t received theirs yet so maybe a source there.
And that auction site has unnumbered versions of both RRs as well as numbered.
Happy hunting

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/22/19 23:10
Author: Fredo

I purchased my DRGW 5394 with DCC & Sound from Lombard's this morning and by afternoon it was shipped USPS Priority Mail and tracking shows it will be here in Southern California on Monday. That's incredible service. Shipping is way less than the California sales tax I have to pay when buying direct from Scaletrains Like I did on my 3 other T 2's and sd 40-2s

Date: 03/23/19 11:50
Author: PasadenaSub

I'm not getting any, but was interesting to watch 12 SP variants and 11 DRGW variants arrive at M.B. Klein yesterday. 

Checked again this morning and saw all SP versions gone, with 7 DRGW versions still in stock at about noon PDT today.

Hot stuff!

Rich

Date: 03/24/19 08:03
Author: santafesteve

The only interaction I have had with Lombard Hobbies was when a fellow club member witch is a partner with a major model railroad product manufacture visited the store and told me that they have stuff that they don't know they have and if you wanted something that was hard to find, out of production or just not made anymore give them a call. Well I did and you know they say that the first impression is the lasting impression. I called the store and was immediately put on hold (IGNORE)  a few minuets later a KID answered and I told him what I was looking for and he had no idea what it was but he had no time to get someone else or ask someone else if they knew if they had any.

Date: 03/24/19 14:35
Author: 90mac

My Lombard experiences have been nothing but EXCELLENT!
I just got my Scaletrains SD40T-2 (SP 8320) from Lombard yesterday, it took 2 days!
Super FAST delivery!
I am a Lombard fan.
My only complaint is their website needs some work.

TAH

Date: 03/25/19 08:40
Author: cabman

I ordered my first choice of road numbers (both roadnames) from Andrew Saturday afternoon and had a very pleasant experience.  Quit bashing Lombaards!

Date: 03/25/19 16:26
Author: Chad

I to have ordered from Lombard numerous times with excellent results. Pricing are good if not great and shipping is fast. Plus they seem to have units hard to find which I like. I give them a gold star,. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0735 seconds