Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Model Railroading > New Mi Jak Crane

Date: 04/19/19 13:57
New Mi Jak Crane
Author: Santafes95

I have been working on this project for over a month. I really took my time and built it in parts. The cross bars are strung with thread and the grappler is strung with a thicker string I ourchased at Michael's. I am not sure if the photos do it justice but I took some others with a digital camera I might post later. I have a Mi Jak crane but wanted to more detail, including chain, shades in the cab and electical lines up the sides. My other crane was flat paint but  I like the gloss paint to give it an as delivered, steel look. Bring in  the hot stack train to Phoneix! By the way, Happy Easter Weekend!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/19 13:58 by Santafes95.

Date: 04/19/19 14:37
Re: New Mi Jak Crane
Author: boejoe

Looks like a lot of work.  Well done. 

Date: 04/19/19 14:59
Author: SPDRGWfan

Is that the Walthers kit. What additions did you make?

Posted from Android

Date: 04/19/19 18:07
Author: icancmp193

Very nice!

TJY

Date: 04/19/19 19:00
Author: genevasub

Great job!

Posted from Android

Date: 04/19/19 20:01
Author: Jimmies

Well that looks really sharp!  Nicely done!

Jim

Date: 04/19/19 20:06
Author: mearsksealand

Nice project welldone
Dale Smith

Date: 04/19/19 21:47
Author: atsf121

Really nice work. You taking orders? :)

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/20/19 09:47
Author: Westbound

Very nicely done. In service, these cranes run on “tracks”. On each side of the railroad track the crane straddles are a pair of painted white or yellow lines the crane operator keeps his tires within as he moves the crane. When you are on the ground with one of these things in motion, all you have to do is stay out from between those crane “tracks”. On the opposite side of the stopped rail cars the crane operator cannot see you. This keeps everything safe even when the track is on a curve. And for those wondering, the Mi-Jak is fairly quiet.

Date: 04/20/19 10:40
Author: 3rdswitch

The "tracks" you refer to are almost really tracks as the concrete within the lines is MUCH thicker than the rest of the surrounding pavement be it concrete or asphalt to hold the double or triple weight of the machine with trailer.
JB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds