Author: JLW2K

Ray_Murphy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guess what's on it:
>
> https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/3
> 01Investigations/May_2019_Proposed_Modification.pd
> f

This next round would be devastating for more than just model trains.  It's massive and in my opinion, unlikely to go in effect or if it did go in effect, it wouldn't be for a long period due to widespread economical impact on the U.S. economy.  This listing includes the majority of chinese exports including televisions, cell phones and game consoles.  It will be very apparent with a political price to pay if and when it goes into effect   As it stands right now, it's just a threat.  Bottom line:  I don't think it will happen.

-James

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/19 05:29 by JLW2K.

Date: 05/13/19 21:07
Re: Today's USTR HS list for the next round of tariffs
Author: CSX602

Somebody better get a boatload of 3926.90.16 (pacifiers) to hand out to the media and House...  (they may notice that crayons and figurines, aka participation trophies, are in there)
BTW, we already have too many 0101.30.00 (live asses) in Congress that there shouldn't be any need to import any more of them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/19 05:00 by CSX602.

Date: 05/14/19 19:20
Author: lnrr1066

So, I'm guessing you are referring to:

9503.00.00           Toys, including riding toys o/than bicycles, puzzles, reduced scale models

Well, I have a couple of closets full of unbuilt kits, plus another closet full of scratchbuilding supplies.  Maybe I'll finally finish all those Wrightrak South Louisville Shorties I squirreled away.

MMRRGA

Date: 05/14/19 19:24
Author: rapidotrains

tracklight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3825.20.00  Sewage sludge
>
> That'll teach 'em!

Dang it. Our models are made of sewage sludge. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted....

:-D 

-Jason

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds