Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Model Railroading > Did someone order a Pizza???

Date: 05/15/19 19:37
Did someone order a Pizza???
Author: funnelfan

Finished the first of five businesses for a commercial row on my club's layout. There is a little bit of nostalgia here as my first full time job as a teenager was at a Pizza Hut. Still need to make a sign, also planning on some under-the-eve lighting with SMD LED's. Not sure if they had a roof light in the 1970's, the time frame of the club (roughly, very roughly). Researching these old businesses is the hard part, trying to dig up old images online can be very fustrating and time consuming.  Just try finding a image or video of a 1970's Burger King Drive-Thru Menu order board! I'm quite pleased with how the structure turned out, considering it was from some ancient kit designed for kids mostly. The photos don't really do it justice.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/19 19:46 by funnelfan.

Date: 05/15/19 20:19
Re: Did someone order a Pizza???
Author: up421

I'll take a large pepperoni, large combination and a large cheese to go...

Nice model, looks great and thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Bob

Date: 05/15/19 20:38
Author: fbe

That close to the tracks crews can call in an order then stop for a pickup on their way through. Railfans might get them delivered to a stake out at a tower or trestle so no one misses the photo on a lunch run. Civilization reaches the funnel.

Date: 05/16/19 04:57
Author: SPDRGWfan

They always say the crew has stopped for beans.  Now that can be updated to "stopped for pizza".  Pizza the hut!

Date: 05/16/19 08:39
Author: PHall

What, you never heard of CP Pizza Hut?

Date: 05/16/19 09:27
Author: Hookdragkick

Large thin crust Pepperoni and Green Chile please! Classic Pizza Hut.

Date: 05/16/19 10:24
Author: spsunset

Date: 05/16/19 10:29
Author: spsunset

I don't rememhttps://i.imgur.com/yi2pwDD.jpgber seeing drive thru Pizza Hut in the 70's .Heres a 75 menu

Date: 05/16/19 12:06
Author: tq-07fan

Cool. Looks like what I remember from the early 1980's. 1970's is a little too early for the two person tabletop Pac-Man game that would be to the left of the entrance door in the early eighties. Also remember they had a Jukebox in that era. Not sure what they would have had inside before that. 

Jim

Date: 05/16/19 15:06
Author: funnelfan

spsunset Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't remember
> seeing drive thru Pizza Hut in the 70's .Heres a
> 75 menu
>https://i.imgur.com/yi2pwDD.jpg

I was actually looking for a photo of the Burger King Drive-Thru Order Menu Board

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 05/16/19 15:13
Author: emd_mrs1

That was an exceptional kit with very few pieces.  A little paint and artwork makes it exceptional

I also have one.  Dark clear plastic for windows, some paint or even magic marker and it turns out great.  We need more like this.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0684 seconds