Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido Trains Visits the Conrail Onondaga Cutoff!

Date: 06/13/19 08:28
Rapido Trains Visits the Conrail Onondaga Cutoff!
Author: RGDave

Hello All,

I was honored to host Rapido Trains Inc. on a visit to my HO scale Conrail Onondaga Cutoff layout last week.  I haven't laughed this hard in my basement all afternoon in a long time.  ;-)

You can see the shenenigans yourself at the non-permitted url, which is accessible via my blog at https://onondagacutoff.blogspot.com/

Many thanks to Jason, Dan, and Janet from Rapido for making time to stop in!   

I think I better keep my day job, but it's a good laugh anyways :-)

Thanks!
~Dave
https://onondagacutoff.blogspot.com/

Date: 06/13/19 08:41
Re: Rapido Trains Visits the Conrail Onondaga Cutoff!
Author: SPDRGWfan

I enjoyed the crazy video and being a big Star Trek fan myself, enjoy the ST:TNG flying engine!

Dave, you have really re-created the area south of Syracuse exactly as I remember it from the 1990's, having driven through that area umpteen times. 

As an aside, I've known a few people get ticked by the NY State Police down near Nedrow, or was it Tully where they catch speeders. 

The south side of Syracuse and southward looks just like how you've captured it.  I'd be lucky to capture the look of the D&RGW in the area I am planning to model.

Great job!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/19 05:18 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 06/13/19 11:01
Author: ChrisCampi

Looking forward to checking this out after the game tonight!

Date: 06/13/19 12:10
Author: Hookdragkick

Woot woot! No better place to showcase Conrail. 

Date: 06/13/19 19:02
Author: rapidotrains

Oh my word.

I was thinking the whole time I was there... "Fayetteville.... That's where the Wegmans is that I go to every time I drive across New York State. Funny there is also a Fayetteville in New Jersey."

Duh.

There is a Fayetteville in a New Jersey basement. The layout is set south of Syracuse. Somehow I did not make the mental connection. 

I wish we had Wegmans in Toronto!

Thanks for hosting us, Dave. It was a blast. I showed the video to the team at work. As soon as they saw the cornfield two people commented "I hope you don't put your glasses on it." They couldn't believe you let me do that and they found it hilarious.

Once I absent-mindedly put my glasses on one of Bob Fallowfield's cornfields and he almost had an aneurism. It's become a bit of a cliche...

-Jason

Date: 06/13/19 19:08

A nice photo from the shoot. LRC demonstrator train on the Onondaga Cutoff.

Thankfully we cleaned the lens before we shot the video...

Date: 06/13/19 19:39
Author: atsf121

Awesome, looks you guys had a blast!

Date: 06/13/19 21:07
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Totally excellent entertainment. Model railroad manufacturers and dealers with a sense of humor and doing polite tricks with definitely get more of my business.

Don Allender

Date: 06/14/19 07:26
Author: toledopatch

What I think is hilarious is that the Rapido guys were all over a Conrail-themed layout but they didn't put any of their sample Conrail B36-7s out for demonstration!

Date: 06/14/19 08:08
Author: superfleet

I wish they would make another run of those Star Trek Shuttle Craft LRC's, I failed in the bidding on the first round and would love to have an opportunity to try again for such a good cause.

Dan

Date: 06/14/19 14:50

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I think is hilarious is that the Rapido guys
> were all over a Conrail-themed layout but they
> didn't put any of their sample Conrail B36-7s out
> for demonstration!

I know... They were mistakenly packed up with the samples from the event. 

I made sure to bring the Tempos and LRCs, though! You can tell where my priorities lay...

-Jason

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0651 seconds