Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Model Railroading > Looking for DCC cv values

Date: 06/14/19 17:03
Looking for DCC cv values
Author: chessiegp39

I'm new to DCC and I'm looking for the individual values to control speed, individual horn volume and Bell volume. Any information would be greatly appreciated as all my searches have come up with just manufacturers values

Thanks in advance,
James

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/19 17:22
Re: Looking for DCC cv values
Author: fbe

The manufacturers define the range of values allowed in each CV. You cannot use a value out of the defined range and expect the function defined by the CV to work.

What are you trying to do?

Date: 06/14/19 18:25

I stated in my initial question what I'm trying to do. I reiterate, speed control, horn volume, Bell volume.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/19 18:27
Author: ChrisCampi

You need to start with the manufactor, then look up the instruction manual for the model decoder you have. In that manual you should be able to find a master CV index that will tell you what you need to know. They will also include directions for adjusting most items that you are trying to modify. Some CV’s will be the same between manufacturers, but most will not. 

Once you know who makes your decoder you should have no trouble finding the manual on their website.

Date: 06/14/19 18:41
Author: WrongWayMurphy

There is no one answer, not a one size fits all answer anyway.

Each decoder manufacturer sets their own values, and some may overlap but no guarantee that they do.

You were originally on the right track to check with the specific decoder manufacturer for cv values on that decoder.

Date: 06/14/19 19:48

Thank you all. I will get to it tomorrow.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/14/19 20:28
Author: fbe

Please let us know which brand and model of decoder you will be using and the locomotive you will be using it in. The motherboard in the loco is useful but we can likely figure that from the loco brand and model. Something as simple as a bell may have 3 separate CVs which will need to be set for the locomotive you are working with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/19 11:13 by fbe.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds