Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Model Railroading > TCSdcc offering wifi throttle preorders

Date: 07/07/19 10:44
TCSdcc offering wifi throttle preorders
Author: fbe

https://tcsdcc.com/preorder-throttle

While smartphones offer cheap and available DCC control for layouts equipped with Digitrax systems the touch of the flat screen is confusing and requires the user to be looking straight at it to send the right message.

The TCS throttle is more like a TV or audio remote with a full set of raised buttons on the face and a display screen at the top like NCE throttles and a bit larger than Digitrax throttle.

TCS has 3 levels of throttles.

WiFi will work on NCE systems if you install JMRI connected to a computer through a USB cable.

I am not related to TCSdcc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/19 11:49 by fbe.

Date: 07/15/19 17:29
Re: TCSdcc offering wifi throttle preorders
Author: TomG

One thing i like about some of your post is that you help spread the word on new products, That i appreciate, even if it isnt my thing. Im still ordering 6 new throttles from NCE which is still more cost effective, but I did look into this as an option. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/19 17:31 by TomG.

Date: 07/15/19 19:08
Author: SPDRGWfan

I really would never want a push button only throttle for train speed control that was why I passed over Lenz years ago. If TCS offers a throttle with a rotary knob, that would get my attention.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/15/19 20:39

I was looking for something else about TCS decoders when the new WiFi throttle popped up. I use Digitrax throttles and have little interest in their WiFi connector since I do not have a home layout to set up for WiFi. If I did have a Digitrax layout with NCE guests might use cell phone throttles. I viewed the very informative TCS video and I like how the controls work over a flat screen cell phone. It seems you still need a Digitrax throttle for programming and maybe mu'ing consists. You will need to decide if the prices fit your budget.

I think at the moment the whole idea of WiFi throttles is either all in or no way. It may take some time for the fisticuffs to settle down.

Date: 07/16/19 03:53
Author: SPDRGWfan

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think at the moment the whole idea of WiFi
> throttles is either all in or no way. It may take
> some time for the fisticuffs to settle down.

I don't see any problem with WiFi throttles if they can be made to work reliably.  It's more the format of control that matters to me.  Touch screens require you look at them a lot to make sure you finger is on the right control; I don't want to have to be constantly looking at the touch screen, at least for things like speed control.  A touch screen with a rotary knob might be a good compromise, such as the ESU throttle.

Date: 07/16/19 19:30

Watch the tcs video. Every button and nob is raised from the faceplate. If you use the center dial as your point of reference you can locate the up/down buttons on each side and the numeric keypad below the dial. After a short break in there will only be occasional instances where users will need to look down.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds