Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Model Railroading > Bringing Back The SP, X6271 Reefer Block, Randall Museum MRR

Date: 07/07/19 20:39
Bringing Back The SP, X6271 Reefer Block, Randall Museum MRR
Author: FiveChime

The HO Gauge model railroad located in the basement of San Francisco's Randall Museum is one of the oldest continuious 
running model railroads in the US. Originally constructed by the Golden Gate Model Railroad Club in the early 1960s, the
layout is now a popular exhibit owned by the musuem.

Raphael Moll and I maintain and operate the layout for the museum and I'm occasionally able to bring back memories of the
Southern Pacific with the trains running there.

On Sunday, June 30th when the museum was closed to the public, Raphael was able to video one of my attempted SP recreations
operating over the historic model railroad,

The layout was built long before foam landscapes and other modern scenery methods were  common practice but the original plaster
mountains have held up well to create a decent backdrop for the newer DCC operated trains.

Regards, Jim Evans

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/07/19 21:55
Re: Bringing Back The SP, X6271 Reefer Block, Randall Museum MRR
Author: tomstp

Nice.

Date: 07/08/19 06:45
Author: cabman

That looks like a stupendous layout and the equipment is weathered so realistically!

Date: 07/08/19 16:02
Author: 6432

Great example of a sixties SP manifest with a variety of units, a variety of paint schemes and a variety of reefer cars. Nice train.
John B

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/08/19 18:49
Author: FiveChime

Hard to duplicate these SP reefer trains in HO. Most of the cars were PFE with a few foreign reefers scattered in.

Regards, Jim Evans

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds