Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Model Railroading > Working or playing on the railroad

Date: 07/14/19 19:55
Working or playing on the railroad
Author: atsf121

I took my oldest over to Shay Park on Monday to help with the NRMA convention tour that was coming to visit the Utah Live Steamers.  We helped unload the equipment and then split to take care of an errand.  We came back with my youngest two in tow, and I got to run the train around the loop once with my kids as passengers.  My first time running a large scale train, and I didn't botch it.  I had a blast!  My youngest wasn't so sure at first, but once the train started moving he kept saying "dadda, choo choo" according to my oldest.  We hung out and talked with some of the folks on the tour.  It was funny because I chatted with the bus driver, who then ended up being the bus drive for the UTA Frontrunner tour I took on Tuesday.  He recognized me then and was telling me about all the different layouts and events who had seen that week and during the Golden Spike back in May.  He also drove the bus to bring folks back to Ogden who rode the Big Boy train to Evanston.  Think he was having as much fun as the convention attendees.

So here's my crew, playing on the railroad, after we did a little work.

Nathan

Date: 07/15/19 03:13
Re: Working or playing on the railroad
Author: refarkas

The girl's smile says it all. 
Bob

Date: 07/15/19 04:18
Author: SPDRGWfan

Looks like loads of fun.  Wish there was something like that near here!  (northern Virginia/DC Metro area)

Date: 07/15/19 11:18

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The girl's smile says it all. 
> Bob

She is my little choo-choo gal! She has a Thomas shirt, and my mother-in-law just made a new Thomas pillow case for her after the original that mother-in-law made more than 10 years ago for my #2 wore out.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/15/19 11:19

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like loads of fun.  Wish there was
> something like that near here!  (northern
> Virginia/DC Metro area)

We are very lucky it is so close!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/15/19 19:52
Author: SantaFeRuss

Possible future railfan /modelrailroaders! As Sly & The Family Stone sahg "Its A Family Afair".

SantaFeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds