Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Model Railroading > Sherman Hill Signals and new island

Date: 07/18/19 06:35
Sherman Hill Signals and new island
Author: Bob3985

I thought I would share the signal operations for our return loops on the Cheyenne & Green River Railroad operated by the Sherman Hill Model Railroad Club in Cheyenne's Frontier Mall. Here you see the searchlight signals controlling entrance to the return loop from either direction. I worked with John of Azatrax who is designing our signal system to create the signal aspects used locally on the UP. So you have in this sequence Red (Stop), Yellow (Approach), Flashing Yellow ( Advance Approach ) and Green (Clear).

Also I have included a photo of our new industrial island which is becoming switching heaven. We will be installing the buildings, ballast and scenery soon and then put up the plexiglass for protection from the public.

The "U" shape of our layout has turned out to be a big hit with the public as it allows them to walk thru the whole layout rather than the rectangular layout we had before where they had to walk around it. And they are able to stand next to our operators at the same time. This has brought up more questions about how our system operates and more.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/19 07:11 by Bob3985.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/18/19 07:22
Re: Sherman Hill Signals and new island
Author: tomstp

I really like operating signals.

Date: 07/18/19 08:34
Re: Sherman Hill Signals and new island
Author: UP3806

That is way cool! Always like anything to do with signals. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds